My 30 Day Report

sandrany

I must say there were many times I did not think I would make it though the 30 days. Food cravings seem to have come out of nowhere. It was hard to make it through some days but I did. I couldn't tell if I was changing. I felt moody a lot. I have been a decently healthy eater for awhile but the Christmas season really did me in this year. Cookies and all sorts of crap. I put on 10 pounds during the season.

I think my third week was the most difficult for some reason. I basically ate the same thing all the time because it is easier for me to stay on track. I noticed that having sweet potato for breakfast was not good for me. It is ok with dinner but not breakfast, This gave me cravings. Dinner not a problem. I wonder why? I ate other starchy veggies for breakfast like carrots and was ok. I had a Lara bar  2 times when it was way too long in-between meals because I was out.  I was ok with them. It was the basic ones with not a lot of other stuff in it except dates and nuts. It actually gave me a lot of energy without cravings. I now keep one in my bag if I need it.  If I don't eat after 5 hours I get bad blood sugar drops.

I got on the scale today. Day 31. I was so surprised - 11 pounds down!! I did not get a chance to take my measurements. I will have to wait until the weekend because I just don't have time on a workday. I really had no idea if I was losing weight except my pants do feel looser. I have never had a true body image. I have been fat all my life and the times I have been thin, I can't really notice. I hope someday the distorted body image will leave me.

I have an annual physical on Saturday so I do not want to introduce any new foods yet. I will be interested to see how my number are compared to last year. The only issue I have other than weight is high BP. cholesterol is very good.

I am very nervous about re-introducing foods. On just about every program I have done I was not successful at this point.  I plan to follow the guidelines very stringently and write down my food and reactions. I think this is the only way I will be able to stay on track.  Other things creep in too easily....

It is very interesting to note the foods that have not needed to be purchased at my house - bread, butter and cheese. I purchased these things on a weekly basis before my whole 30. Since my whole 30 I have not bought them once!!! Goes to show you how much I was consuming!

I will check back when I get the results of my physical.  I must say the last week I have been feeling calmer and more settled in. I might be one of those people who needs a little more time to feel good.

Stay well and eat healthy! Thanks for all your support!

• Moderators

Congrats!

I'm the same with sweet potatoes--if I eat them with Meal 1 it sets me off on a day of ravenous hunger. I believe it has something to do with insulin resistance and cortisol. Some sciency stuff I remember, and other sciency stuff I forget. But trust your experience and do what's right for you!

Thanks for your response. It makes sense. Another weird thing I noticed is that I have been eating a lot of beets and my pee is not pink! In the past my pee was always pink after eating beets. My food must be metabolized differently. Such interesting things!

Fantastic well done!  We are on Day 32 ... we tried some dairy yesterday (and as they suggested, I felt like I was going to birth an alien about an hour later).  We are nervous about introducing foods bakc in too, so we are happy to just continue for a while!! We'll try non-gluten grains in a couple of days and see what that does!

Archived