Success-My first Whole 30

scjl132

Today is day number 30.  The first day was the worst with caffeine withdrawal, headaches, and soreness and tightness throughout my upper back.  It couldn't get any worse could it?  No, in fact it got much better.  Lost 8 pounds, increased energy, better mood overall, and a smaller pair of jeans.  I am going to take a couple of days off (NEED pizza) and begin another 30 days.  I have a significant amount of weight to lose and this has been the easiest weight loss I have ever experienced. 

Congratulations.  Would you let me encourage you not to take days off for pizza?   If you want to take a few days off and back on again...you'll regret what pizza does to all of your hard work and compliant 30 days.  It's possible to undo all of the 'weight loss results' in a matter of days.  You don't want to kick yourself and wish you'd simply reintroduced food groups one a time.   A slow roll or fast roll reintroduction.   Eating pizza for a few days will make it that much harder to start all over again.

This is easy but I've found that keeping that momentum - once it's there is the best darned way to keep WINNING.  Pizza isn't worth it.   I too, am working towards a release of weight.   You're free to do as you choose, but going on with a tailwind has been better for me.

If you still want that pizza, order one with really nice toppings.   Eat the toppings and throw the blob of dough away.

When you see what's left after the toppings, it's a doughy blob that you can kick all the way out to the bin and down the street.   You won't care about it anymore and your stomach will be happy it's in the bin.

Thanks MeadowLily for your insight!  I was thinking of a thin crust with lots of good toppings and only a slice or two, not a several day pizza bender.  I feel so much better with good food that I don't think I will vere too far off the path.  Not worth how badly I might feel.  I will update on the effects of pizza!

I just made a "meatza" last night that was delicious! Could be an option if you decide not to go off. I loosely based mine off this recipe:

http://paleomg.com/leftovers-meatza/

But you could use whatever toppings you're craving. Good luck, and congrats on your success so far! I finish my first Whole30 tomorrow, and it's been a great ride.

No, not doing the re-intro.  Back to doing another Whole 30 tomorrow that will most likely extend beyond 30 days.  Had the pizza tonight, it was good but I know I'll feel better going back to what I've been eating. I am hoping that the winter weather moderates in the next couple of weeks so I can add some outdoor walking.  Along with feeling better another primary goal is weight loss.  Thanks for everyone's input.  This forum has been so helpful!

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo...couple of weeks later, wondering where you landed after that Pizza. 

I've done 3 whole30's (actually closer to W90's) and on each one, I've felt fantastic, thought I could control a short "stray" from the program for some "special" treat...and spiraled into 6+ months of a binge.

Starting the rest of my life tomorrow...and I'm determined to stick with it this time.  :)  Can't be just 30 days for me.  I need this for life.

Archived