Excessive sweating stopped !

I've always sweat excessively.  I used to sweat just standing still, and would also be covered in sweat after a warm (not hot) shower for 30 minutes to an hour afterwards. I'm a long-distance hiker and very fit and a healthy weight, but had to carry a lot more water than my fellow hikers who seemed to hardly sweat at all compared to me.  On hot days I would run out of water despite carrying a lot.  I rarely wore a jacket, just shorts and a t-shirt even on cold days because I was always so warm.

2 weeks into the Whole30 I noticed I was not sweating very much, just what would be considered "normal".  Now post-Whole30 for 2 weeks, and still no more excessive sweating.  How liberating !  I enjoy HOT showers, and carry a lot less water on hikes, but have some left.  Great energy, great sleeping, feeling fantastic !  I now wear a jacket and pants (like everyone else !) when the weather turns cool or cold.   Has anyone had a similar result like this ?  Can anyone explain it?  Without any obvious food allergies, is it possible I was having a systemic inflammation from some foods that resulted in excessive sweating?  I don't care what the reason is, I'm so happy I'm staying on Whole30 for life !

Has anyone had a similar result like this ?  Can anyone explain it?  Without any obvious food allergies, is it possible I was having a systemic inflammation from some foods that resulted in excessive sweating?

I have had the opposite reaction lately, that is: as someone who was always cold and never perspired (even when exercising), I am getting warmer and sweating more like a normal person. I attribute this to better balance of hormones. I'm guessing it is similar for you

Same as missmary: I'm more coldproof now than I used to be. (I like to think that since I'm more of a fat burner now, the metaphorical furnaces just run hotter.) I think in all our cases, we're just converting to a healthier mean.

• 1 month later...

I've always been an excessive sweater, too. It's embarrassing; sweating just because it's warm or humid out. I'm only on Day 13 of my first Whole30, and I'm very, very interested to see if it has the same effect on me as it did on you, rogersgh.

That kind of liberation would change my life in ways I can't describe. 

• 4 weeks later...

Betty7,  life-changing is a good way to think about it.  A friend of mine who is also and excessive sweater went on the Whole30 after I told him what it did for me.   I am hopeful he has the same results.  I've been Whole30 for 4 months now (only beer and hummus reintroduced, no dairy or grains or sugar or soy) and I am still a normal sweater.

Oh, I would love it if clean eating helped me sweat less or at least normally.  Oddly, I only sweat on one side so I'm dripping over here and dry over there.  Weird and embarrassing!  Will watch for improvements!  :unsure:

Yes I definitely noticed an improvement in my sweating.  Here in the summer it gets mighty hot and humid - and for me unbearable.  I would move an arm and boom - I would be damp all over - blood itching etc.  Now - yes I still get damp when the humidity is running high but it's now where near the level of discomfort (and embarrassing) that I used to experience.

Archived