Pistachos

Katquinn

Hello there!

I was feeling faint at work and had to eat something. My friend who is currently doing the Whole 30 with me had a pack of pistachios at her desk. The ingredients were only "sea salt, pistachios" - I saw 1g of sugar, brought it up and she said "it's ok, it comes from the sea salt"

I bought what she said because I was feeling really light-headed and didn't pack accordingly. So I ate the small pack.

Does this warrant a start over?

• Moderators

You want to look at the ingredients list, not the nutrition facts. Many things contain naturally occurring sugar -- even nuts. But if the ingredients were only sea salt and pistachios, it's fine. Sugar in the ingredients list means they added sugar, and that's what you want to avoid.

• Administrators

No, you're fine. Pistachios are compliant and sea salt is also. When you see sugar in the nutritional facts it just means that there are sugars in the product but doesn't mention whether or not they are naturally occurring. It's any sugar in the ingredients list that we care about.

Just as a bonus tip, if you're feeling faint between meals it can be a sign that you are either not eating enough at your meals or that you have gone too low carb and could use some starchy veggies. :)

Archived