I will succeed!

fishygirl307

I am starting this log as a way to track my progress, stay accountable and succeed at this whole 30.

I have attempted Whole 30 once before. I started January 5th and made it about 2-1/2 weeks. I hate to fail! I was doing great, but let the old school peer pressure catch up to me. This will not happen this time. I will succeed. The one thing I did 100% succeed on during my first attempt, was to quit smoking. Which I am incredibly proud of.

A little history.... I have been overweight most of my life. 2 years ago, I did a radical fad diet and lost 50+ lbs. Over the next 2 years, the weight has crept back up. Slowly but surely. I have gained all but 10 of those lbs back. I have seriously debated going back on the fad diet as it seemed to be the only thing that really worked for me. However, I believe in the paleo lifestyle and want to do this the correct way and keep it off.  

So here we go..... The beginning of Day 2. I am SUPER excited.

I weighed and measured this morning. UGH. I am excited about the idea of not weighing myself for 30 days. However, I know this will be one of my greatest struggles.

Since I didn't start this log yesterday, a quick recap of day 1:

Breakfast: green smoothie: 2c spinach, 1 green apple, compliant protein powder, coconut oil and coconut milk.  

Lunch: ground beef patty with complaint mayo (homemade), onion slab wrapped in lettuce with pan fried white potatoes. I generally avoid white potatoes like the plague, but had to make do in a pinch.  

Dinner: Brussel sprouts w/ balsamic vinegar and diced apple and 1/2 of a HUGE ribeye steak 

Here's to kicking day 2's ass!

Day 2 in the books. Flawless victory!

I have put the protein powder away (Thanks @kirkor)

Recap:

Breakfast: Leftover balsamic brussel sprouts with steak

Lunch: Raw veg with roast beef (super dry, past its prime. Time for trash)

Dinner: Taco lettuce wraps; ground beef raised about an hour down the road cooked with spinach, onions and spices, wrapped in organic red lettuce leaves with avocado.

WOD: Tready. 2 miles, 30 min, 50-75% Max heart rate

Feeling great. Less bloated, excited, determined.

Day 3 workout: kettlebells.

Just a suggestion - since you workout you might want to include some sort of starchy veg in your meals on work out days.

Also please note that cooked veg is more easily digestible by your body.  It's just something to keep in mind if you have any further bloating issues. 

Archived