Tonsilitis and Whole30

I got tonsillitis just before starting my whole 30 so I pushed it back by almost a week.  Started anti-bs and was seemingly ok for about 4 or 5 days and now its back  :(  I can't eat much of anything, sipping broth, tea (and fclo) and occasionally a banana just because I have the appetite for it.  Will likely need a 2nd round of anti-bs.  But because I'm not doing nearly anything close to the 3 solid meals and have had fruit as a snack (tried to eat it with a meal as much as possible), do I need to start over?  I'm not sure how much this will affect my program/results?  I'm also breastfeeding my 8mo and my supply went down with the first round of tonsillitis.  Its just a disaster lol Any advice appreciated!

• Moderators

If you haven't eaten any off plan foods, you don't have to start over. The meal template is a recommendation to help you get the best possible results, not a rule.

As a breastfeeding mom, you'll probably want to eat more than three meals a day. Four full meals is recommended, and if you're hungry, eat more.

Since you're still on antibiotics, you might want to try to get probiotics in as well, either from fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, and kombucha, or from a good probiotics tablet.

If you still are having trouble eating, try turning your broth into an egg drop soup for more protein. Maybe cook some sweet potatoes or regular potatoes and keep them in the fridge so they're easy to grab.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Moderators

You are not going to get outstanding results with what you are eating even though what you are doing counts as a Whole30. You should plan another Whole30 for a time when you are not sick and are not taking drugs that assault your stomach bacteria. 

Archived