Day 4 and sick of eating!

Elleng

I started on Friday, so today is day 4 and I am gagging on my breakfast.  I was hungry this morning but still not ready to eat this early, and I have never been that crazy about eggs in the first place.  I have always had a shake for a late breakfast with spinach, frozen fruit, almond milk and protein powder, and I really miss it.  Any ideas for something similar?  

Thanks for the support!

Ellen -

I'm on day 10 and I had trouble getting breakfast down the first couple days.  I found having 1/2 a banana before I started fixing my breakfast helped "prime the pump" for cooking and eating early in the morning.    Now I seem to be able to wake up and eat without that little crutch -  I'll have some fruit with my breakfast but not before.

Ive made a few "hash" type dishes without eggs -  This morning I sauted cooked sweet potato, some turkey, a litle compliant bacon for taste and some spinach.  I little avocado chopped on top too.    I have to have all the ingredients more or less ready to go in the am or I just can't face the kitchen

Just because it's breakfast - doesn't mean you have to eat "breakfast" foods.  I know we a led to believe that eggs are the only acceptable protein for breakfast. You know what?  You want to eat eggs for breakfast - eat them.  If you don't?  Then don't.

If it helps - think of breakfast as Meal 1, Lunch Meal 2, and Dinner Meal 3.

Honestly you can whatever for breakfast.  leftovers?  Sure!  Soup + chicken dipped in mayo?  Absolutely.  Google whole 30 recipes without eggs and you should get plenty of suggestions.

We do recommend staying away from the smoothies though.  A few reasons - very often people jam it full of fruit.  More fruit and veggies that you are ever going to eat in one sitting.  This fruit lands up being a sugar bomb.  Meaning you are setting yourself up for a energy crash later on in the day.  Isn't that one of the reasons why you have chosen to do a whole 30 - to increase your energy levels?

For best results, have at least a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat within an hour of waking. Don't let fruit push vegetables off your plate. Have a bite of protein, a bite of veg, include a compliant fat, and work your way around the plate.   Or make a regular sized meal, and eat what you can, and then save the rest for later.

• Moderators

This morning I ate leftovers from Saturday of ground beef, spaghetti squash, spinach, onions, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. I wish I had more for lunch, but will probably have eggs and sauerkraut instead of making more right away.

Archived