Feeling wild-Life post 30's

Yesterday was a good day except for some snacking on fruit and dried fruit with nuts yikes!!

M1: Left over pork and veggies (kept me full until lunch!)

M2: Salad with macadamia nuts, left over pork, apple, raisins and my normal dressing

W/O: 3.5 mile intervals in 29 minutes more or less

M3: crispy chicken thighs with 1/2 of a yucca and kale with onions and tomatoes-DELISH

snacked on bannana chips, dried papaya and dried mango and ate some frozen mango for after dinner-I know that it is replacing an ice cream dessert and I neeeeed to cut it out :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...dried fruit....Achilles heel for sure!  I have a few little apricots left in the bag, I cannot bear to throw away.  Trying to ration them to just a couple a week.  I could survive entirely on fresh or dried fruit, chocolate, cheese and wine quite happily.  Well, maybe not happily, my taste-buds would enjoy the party, but my brain would rebel quite quickly.

Yesterday:

The boyfriend left today so I was feeling extra emotional. I didn't however over indulge! Yay!

M1: leftover pork with kale and yucca

M2:salad with mushrooms egg etc veggies

M3: salad and pork and plantains

frozen mango :(

Krista-I don't understand how you can just have a couple a day! Good self control!

M1: 3 eggs, kale, pork, and mushrooms

M2: salad with pork, raisins and pistachios

M3-whoops-raisins, pork, carrots, macadamia nuts and almond butter. Not the best choice because it wasn't really even a meal

krista-

I normally take a pork shoulder or butt and cook it in the crock pot for 24 or so hours and then shred it, then i just use it for breakfast or lunch all week. It is super cheap too. I did make a pork loin the other day and chopped that into cubes. It was delicious!

yesterday:

food was fine

M1: kale, pork, salad etc

M2: monkfish, kale, salad etc

M3:carrots and almond butter-awful meal choice.

ran about 6 miles outside. Felt great.

today:

M1:same breakfast as normal, kale, pork, salad and onion etc

w/o-4.5 miles outside. felt okay. stomach felt horrible from after the almond butter and carrots that I ate last night

M2: plantains, carrots, raisins, pork and frozen mango

M3:some chips and coconut and chocolate chips (dairy free, nut free, soy free)

ugh, ate the chips, they were calling my name, but unlike before I didn't go on a crazy binge. I was satisfied eating the chips and won't go crazy. not ideal but in all honesty its better than what normally happens. I feel some soreness in my right calf, and I might just be making this up in my mind.

M1:Rushed breakfast again of carrots and etc

M2:salad with monkfish and extras

M3:salad and pork and Brussel sprouts etc

Smacked on:plantains....

No workout today, ran over 6 miles yesterday. 1/2 inside 1/2 outside.

Big news! I'm getting married! And I'm also moving to the Middle East in August! More later :)

Yesterday:
Apple (bad breakfasts!)
Monkfish Brussel sprout combo thing
Plantains in coconut oil
Curry with yucca and shrimp
Ran 3.5 miles
50 wall balls
40 kbs
30 burpees
20 squat
10 squat pulls

It's that time of month right now and I am not feeling great so Ive been being nice to myself and just going with what my body tells me

Today:
M1: Apple again :((
M2:pork, salad, raisins, pumpkin seeds,carrots, and green beans

M3: plantains (so delicious) with leftover curry and fruit
Ran 4.33 miles-Didn't feel great so Did not do an extra weight workout but plan on doing one tomorrow

M1: plaintain, onion, big serving of kale, with pork

ran 2.5 miles in 20 minutes (good quick sweat)

10 minutes of hard swimming

M2: carrots almond butter, yucca

I am slightly obsessed with plantains right now. I crave them and it is probably not a good thing to crave. I am thinking that it is related to the monthly cycle. Trying to figure out how to fix my mood!

Also, I am becoming more relaxed about food but still eating good things but I need to make sure that I am eating better overall meals. I do feel better about myself and my body and I am learning that I will NEVER match up to fitness models and models in general...I need to hold myself to high REALISTIC standards and not those that the media portrays!

Yesterday:

M1:green beans with almond butter before spin

W/o: 60 minute spin class

M2:green beans again w/plantain

M2:pork, kale, salad, pistachios, raisins, and pumkin seeds, plantains.

I was running around like crazy yesterday so I wasn't obsessed with food. I went and did an art class, went to a baseball game, and hung out with some friends at night. It is amazing what art, friends and sunshine can do for you...im realizing life is not all about working out and eating food. I also jumped on the scale and realized I am up about 12-14 pounds from my absolute skinniest. (VAcation and happy pounds!) but my husband to be keeps telling me that I look healthy and happy and should be proud of my body and what it can do not how skinny it is...he's a smart man

Whoops yesterday was a slight disaster

M1: tuna, salad, pistachios, raisins and EVOO dressing

M2: pretty much non existent

M3: 3 or 4 plantains and 1/4 of a yucca with 4 small smashed burgers and salad. 

No workout today because it was sunday, beautiful, and I went outside to get loads of Vitamin D. I went to my roommates play and am making more of an effort to have a whole life rather than a completely focused life on my physical appearance. Bizarre to think about yet feels so good to be active in more things then just sports. 

Future husband ate hummus yesterday and I made a statement that it wasn't whole30, and he responded by saying but it is whole healthy. He has a very good grasp on having a middle ground. When he isn't whole30 he doesn't get resentful about certain decisions. I am trying to follow this a little bit more. 

Planning to go to a yoga class (stretch and relax the body and mind) and go for a run today!

yesterday:

M1: pistachios and apple (bad breakfasts!!)

M2: salad with tuna, nuts, raisins, EVOO dressing

M3: 2 eggs, kale, Grass fed beef, plantains, small bit of prouscitto? (sp?) and 2 apple chicken sausages

Mango-Super delicious!

W/O: 3 miles outside I think and a lift with the team (bench, arms and some abs)

Sore from the lift but otherwise I feel great. I didn't make it to Yoga yesterday but I will survive and find another day that I can go!

Today:

M1: 2.5 sausages -my breakfasts have been horrible because we have been working out with the girls super early.

M2: leftover eggs with beef, plantains and kale

M3: kale and sprout mix with plantain and sausage

W/o-5k in 24 minutes

M4-BAD! sausage and frozen fruit at 9pm. Ugh

Ouhhh I gave in and had some popcorn and ice cream with my movie day! It was a nice relaxing day and I don't feel guilty but I have a headache already and have a lack of what I have for normal energy. Not worth it in the long run but I know that tomorrow I will be right back on track. I don't feel like I am loosing my brain or anything that I can't control! I am feeling proud of myself and know that I am in complete control. 

well it was a little harder to get back on track after a horrible weekend for work...I basically survived off of green beans, tuna, popcorn, and a steak. Not the best weekend. I also had a gluten free pizza that just made me feel absolutely gross-not worth it at all! Back on the train again to feel good!

Also, the impact that sugar has on our bodies is amazing. Just to feel the difference between non sugar days and sugared days was huge. I can't believe that sugar can make someone so tired, moody, bloated, and overall unhappy as much as it can!

Archived