Day 14, almost halfway and feeling good but a little hungry, why now?

Hi all,

I am on day 14 of my first Whole 30!!  I was off to a good start and only in the last few days have started to feel hungry in the evening.  I had a Larabar last night and felt a little off (groggy) this morning but it passed quickly. 

Yesterday, I ate:

Meal #1: 2 eggs, spinach, sweet peppers and tomatoes, 1/3 avocado and 1/2 cup blackberries, black coffee

Snack: 1/2 Larabar

Meal#2:  Small chicken breast on top of bed of leafy greens and spinach, carrots, tomatoes, sliced black olives, peppers, 1/3 avocado, drizzled with olive oil and cider vinegar. Half cup of blackberries. Water

Meal#3:  Fresh baby spinach (2 cups), 1/2 c. mushrooms, 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, 1/2 c. sweet peppers, 1/3 avocado, 1 small chicken breast, olive oil, white wine vinegar.  1/2 cup blackberries

Snack: 1 Larabar, 1/2 c. almonds

I am heading out of town on Monday for work.  I will be eating in restaurants all week.  I was planning on taking raw almonds, and Larabars just in case.  I see that someone recommended avoiding Larabars.  Any recommendations? 

• Moderators

It looks to me like you need to increase portions during meal times--protein, fat, and veggies (not fruit)--and cut out the snacking altogether. Try three eggs at breakfast, and when you're eating lean protein like chicken breast, you need to add ample fat.

Larabars and nuts are technically compliant but ill advised. If you're genuinely hungry between meals, you need to eat a mini template meal, not munch on sweet and crunchy things. And your aim should be to eliminate snacks altogether by eating the right amount and combination of nutrients at meal times.

Archived