is this recipe yes or no?

laurajfrog

• Moderators

I usually don't ask, because it's usually pretty clear.  However, this recipe left me wondering?  

http://againstallgrain.com/2012/03/31/springtime-creamy-pesto-pasta/

Leave out the peas and make sure your prosciutto is compliant, and it's fine. Obviously, it's a side dish, as there's not really any protein, and don't eat the whole recipe's worth in one sitting, since that would be a lot of cashews at once.

For me, this is the grey zone between paleo and whole 30. It's a paleo pasta primavera and while compliant, it would probably make me think (or trigger) feelings of "Mmm, pasta. I love pasta. Why are these noodles so soft? I can't wait to have real pasta again." It basically induces a SWYPO type train of thought. You could be totally different - but be honest with yourself about why you're attracted to this recipe and why you want to make it. And therein lies your answer.

And, as Shannon pointed out, ditch the peas and bump up the protein and veg. :)

If this doesn't cause you to go into fits of pasta desire like evaq posted, I think this would be lovely along side some grilled chicken and grilled veggie kabobs. I would almost treat this like a side salad rather than a whole meal. It could also be nice with poached prawns or sauteed scallops. 

For me, this is the grey zone between paleo and whole 30. It's a paleo pasta primavera and while compliant, it would probably make me think (or trigger) feelings of "Mmm, pasta. I love pasta. Why are these noodles so soft? I can't wait to have real pasta again." It basically induces a SWYPO type train of thought. You could be totally different - but be honest with yourself about why you're attracted to this recipe and why you want to make it. And therein lies your answer.

And unless it's the middle of summer and you've got zucchinis growing out your ears, zucchini pasta seems like a waste of fresh zucchini.  Zucchini is way too good itself to make it that small and cover it with sauce.  You need roasted or grilled slices.  And besides, why use zucchini when spaghetti squash grows itself that way without requiring a julienne peeler or spiralizer? 

Archived