Pregnant and Asymptomatic for the First Time Ever

Hi There!  I'm on Day 21 of my first Whole 30, and I just found out this morning that I'm 7 weeks pregnant.  I could hardly believe it because for my previous four pregnancies, I was feeling like junk right about now.  I have never eaten like this before (although I've generally tended to be a pretty healthy eater), and I'm wondering if my new W30 lifestlye could be responsible for my lack of nausea, fatigue, and all around yucky feeling.  I feel fantastic!  So much so, that it worries me, since two of my previous four pregnancies ended in miscarriage.  (Whenever I felt like junk during my past pregnancies, I was told to take courage, b/c it's a good sign that the baby is developing).  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Good food can definitely reduce early pregnancy symptoms so don't fret and think that something is wrong just because you feel good. B6 and magnesium can both prevent nausea/morning sickness and you're probably getting more of both of those nutrients with your Whole30 eating style.

I didn't eat particularly well through either of my successful pregnancies, or though the three in between that ended in miscarriage so can't comment other than to say I know exactiy where you're coming from, so sending good vibes your way for this one xxx

You're so kind, Munkers.  Thanks for your reply. :)

Not a problem! Stress/anxiety is no good for you OR the wee one so no point in needless worry. Like jmcbn said, I'm sending positive thoughts for you and your growing family. <3

Update: I'm definitely symptomatic now!  So much so that, to my shame, I decided to make this my first Whole 20 instead of Whole 30.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, since I'm very driven and not a quitter at all.  But my food aversions have come on so strong that I started gagging on my dinner last night.  I don't intend to go off the deep end, and I really do want to try to go through the steps of reintroduction these next few days, but I have to listen to my body.  Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!  I really enjoyed the experience, and I'm pretty sure I'll be back for a full Whole 30 in the future.

• Administrators

Update: I'm definitely symptomatic now!  So much so that, to my shame, I decided to make this my first Whole 20 instead of Whole 30.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, since I'm very driven and not a quitter at all.  But my food aversions have come on so strong that I started gagging on my dinner last night.  I don't intend to go off the deep end, and I really do want to try to go through the steps of reintroduction these next few days, but I have to listen to my body.  Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!  I really enjoyed the experience, and I'm pretty sure I'll be back for a full Whole 30 in the future.

You might find this article interesting: http://whole9life.com/2013/01/pregnancy-and-food-aversions/

Best of luck in growing your new baby!  :D

You're not a quitter. You've got a baby to feed and sometimes babies just don't cooperate with our plans. Hope the aversions ease up soon!

Archived