Starting April 13th

Bridge125

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bridget, Im Sharyn and I will also be starting on the 13th  and like you will be spending the next few days gathering what I need for Monday.

Ill be starting Monday with a smoothie and taking it from there... 

I have been on my journey for a couple of years but have lost motivation for a wee while and find myself in a bit of a rut, As Im training for a half marathon in November (my 3rd) I need to pull finger if I'm going to make it!

I'll be blogging my progress in a bid to keep myself  honest and accountable so if your keen you can find me at "Shazas' Place" on Facebook :D

Nice to meet your acquaintance :D

Sharyn.

Hi! I'm Cora.  My family will be starting on the 13th as well.  It's our first time and I am so worried I won't be able to do it.  I have such a huge sugar addiction.  Ack!  I feel like I'll be okay with all the other aspects, just worried about not being able to resist some little bit of sugar.

• Administrators

Hi! I'm Cora.  My family will be starting on the 13th as well.  It's our first time and I am so worried I won't be able to do it.  I have such a huge sugar addiction.  Ack!  I feel like I'll be okay with all the other aspects, just worried about not being able to resist some little bit of sugar.

You can do it, Cora!  Remind yourself that sugar, in the form that we are used to buying it from the store in sweets and treats, has been scientifically altered in order to be as addictive as possible.  They use exact ratios and combinations of sugars and sweeteners to hit your brain as hard as they possibly can.  You don't need that. As an alive, dynamic and healthful human, you can break that chain and give a big ol' finger to the processed food industry!  :D  You can do it!!!

I like the Monday start date! I am thinking I need to do another round, as this always offers new insights, rewards, and benefits.... no matter where I am starting from. This will be my fourth Whole 30 in the past 3 years. Just a word of warning, Sharyn/Shaza... Smoothies are not part of the Whole 30! I am a stickler for W30 rule following, as this structure provides (for me) much needed support to help move forward in a healthy fashion. I don't mean to be "unwelcoming," but rather supportive as we move along in this experience, and the clarity of "the rules" really helps!

I appreciate the ease I have going into it this time- no worries about recipes, how to make the little things work out: just do it and get it done... in this more out of shape and older mid-century body!

Hey everyone! I will be starting on Monday too. This will give me the weekend to prepare, find recipes, and relearn the program. I did this once before but it's been over a year ago now. Looking forward to getting to know you all and encourage each other!

Hi folks, I am starting on Tuesday April 14 (because Monday afternoon is the first chance I have to do a proper grocery run)!  This is my very first Whole 30 and I'm really excited.  I've done a quick read through of It Starts With Food and Well Fed, and I'm going to reread It Starts With Food in more detail.  

So I'll be shopping on Monday afternoon and doing prep on Monday night for the week.  

I am about 80 pounds overweight and sick of counting calories and the binge/diet/binge cycle.  Also I'm trying to get back into running, which at 46 is not as easy as it used to be... I am ready for a new start this spring!

So happy to find like minded folks who are starting at the same time.  (And you are all a day ahead of me so I'll just copy all your successes!  LOL)

Hi all! I will be beginning my first whole30 on Monday as well!! I am excited and nervous. I hope to lose some weight but more importantly I hope to kick my sugar and junk food cravings to the curb! I cut out soda 2 months ago and have been ONLY drinking water. But I would like to take it to a new level. I will definitely be needing some encouragement! I have been known to give up on these types of things after a week or two. Let's do this!

Hi Everyone !! I am base in London and starting tomorrow too on 13th April !!! I am exited and expecting with hope a good outcome !! I need to overcome the awful circle to start diets very strict that I can only keep for a week and back again to binge eating !! so I am looking for a deep change and way of life. I am looking to create a paleo simple style as I don't want to overcomplicate with complex recipes !!!

I have 70 pounds to take away !!

I have 2 practical questions for the more experienced that know the rules ... 1) can I add an splash of coconut milk to my coffee ?  2) I know that snacking is not recommended but sometimes I have long days that will allow me to eat dinner at 9 pm ... can I do an small snack? and in case I can what would you recommend ?

It will be goof if we all keep connected ... from my previous experience I was able to stick to plans when I was doing this with a support group !!

All the best of luck for all that start tomorrow !!

Carlos

Woot!  So many people starting this week ... very exciting :)

I just cleaned out my fridge and pantry to prepare for my big Week 1 shopping trip tomorrow.  I started drinking coffee with coconut milk in it today and I'm loving it!  

I feel like my whole life is changing this spring.  I found out last week that my landlady is selling the house I rent, so I need to move ... and yesterday I found a nearly perfect little house in my neighbourhood for a really affordable rent.  I move in May 15, so after this whole30 is over my whole life will truly look fresh and new :)

Looking forward to my first Whole30 with all of you! I'm Jen and I'll also be starting tomorrow (monday). My main goal for this month is to kick my sugar habit and develop new healthy eating habits. I did Paleo for awhile a couple of years ago when I was consistently running. After ACL reconstruction 2 years ago and a job change I have gained a lot of weight, very out of shape, and eat horribly!  have fun everyone!

I'm starting tomorrow, too!  I'm mostly doing the cleanse to see how my body feels when I kick all the addictions.  I want to feel healthy and need a jump start.  It's my first time doing this and I've recruited a handful of other family members to join me!  It's exciting to know we all have so much support.

Hi, 

I'm June and I'm starting the Whole 30 tomorrow. I had great success a few months ago. Wheat does a number on my skin, and dairy makes my allergies worse, so giving these things up aren't so hard. I just need to commit to doing it! And I am! I made my mayo, from the recipe on the website, and a couple of dressings. I'm ready!!! Good luck everyone!!

I'm starting tomorrow as well! My mother has been doing this a few months now & having great success. I want to lose weight but most of all want feel good. More energy, clarity in thinking, better attention span, improved mental health ... All that good stuff & more. I've heard such great things & know I can do it for 30 days.

Hi Everyone !! I am base in London and starting tomorrow too on 13th April !!! I am exited and expecting with hope a good outcome !! I need to overcome the awful circle to start diets very strict that I can only keep for a week and back again to binge eating !! so I am looking for a deep change and way of life. I am looking to create a paleo simple style as I don't want to overcomplicate with complex recipes !!!

I have 70 pounds to take away !!

I have 2 practical questions for the more experienced that know the rules ... 1) can I add an splash of coconut milk to my coffee ?  2) I know that snacking is not recommended but sometimes I have long days that will allow me to eat dinner at 9 pm ... can I do an small snack? and in case I can what would you recommend ?

It will be goof if we all keep connected ... from my previous experience I was able to stick to plans when I was doing this with a support group !!

All the best of luck for all that start tomorrow !!

Carlos

Hi there, I'll be joining this group as well, for Whole30 number.... something.

In answer to your question, we want meals to satisfy you for 4-5 hours. So if you will be away from home at what you might otherwise consider your regular mealtime, we suggest you pack a meal or mini-meal to take along. If you have the opportunity to pack and take an entire meal and eat it, that's great. Otherwise, aim for an easy-to eat mini-meal featuring protein, fat, and veggies. Some folks, for instance, swear by hard boiled eggs and cubed roasted sweet potatoes. Others carry a can of compliant tuna or salmon (plus can opener and fork) and some carrot sticks.

We really do want you to eat, so go ahead and plan for a meal or mini-meal rather than thinking of your eating as snacking. It is a difference in how you approach meal composition and amounts, and it also shows respect for your level of hunger!

Hi there, I am starting today as well.. I have never done the whole30 plan before , but I have followed paleo and at the very beginning of that I did 6 weeks strict on it and got amazing results..However over the last 12 months due to injury , surgery and beating myself up I have managed to gain 20kgs, so today is the day that I take control and be brutally honest with myself and just do it with no excuses.. I am excited but nervous. I am so addicted to sugar at the moment and I just want it out of my life.. I love it dearly but hate it with a passion as well. Bring on the next 30 days . cant wait to feel better. :) :) :)

Good Morning (Day) Everyone. I am pleasantly surprised to find all of you starting today as well! My name is Jess and I am going to make it through a full 30 days this time! (My 3rd W30 start-- 3rd time is the charm?). I've never really posted to the forum before, so I am hoping this will help keep me on track. Sugar and alcohol are my nemesis :-p. (Ohh...the craft breweries here in Colordao!) I found out I have severe (although asymptomatic) acid reflux causing asthma- type chronic coughing that I am hoping will improve over the next 30 days (plus I don't like taking all the medications).

Enjoying my cold-brewed coffee...have a great Day 1 everyone!

-Jess

Hi I'm Stephanie and I'm starting today too! I attempted a Whole30 in January of this year but I wasn't ready yet. Since then I've gone almost totally paleo. So this time I am very prepared, just need to resist those little temptations along the way.....

HI everyone!!!

I am so glad i am not alone! I am starting day one today! so far i feel good!

for breakfast i had:

peppers, mushrooms, sauteed with ground turkey and sweet potatoes with one poached egg at the top.

Still feeling satisfied and i ate at 6:30am.

My lunch is roasted cauliflower, grape tomatoes, chicken and sweet potatoes.

Was going to make the salmon cakes tonight :)

what are you all eating?

Anyone else has Instagram so we can connect there too?

mine is : beautytalkwsj

happy day one everyone!

Hey guys, today is my first day as well! This is my first whole 30 and I'm really excited and totally nervous! I've cycled with eating "cleaner" for the past few years but I've never been consistent. As of January I've lost 6 pounds through exercising consistently but still my diet has fluctuated. It is time I've fully committed to eating cleanly. I am getting married in October and am looking to lose at least 10 more pounds, I think this will be a great jump start for that. I also have an overactive thyroid (an autoimmune disease) and I am eager to find out what foods may or may not trigger my symptoms. 

Archived