Starting April 13th

Bridge125

One other thing I forgot to mention. I was quite regular pre-w30 (went daily and substantially), but have been going 3x per week (less substantially) if I'm lucky, while on w30. I don't feel bloated or any other constipation discomforts, I just don't have to go. This is strange since I'm eating 2x the veggies and drinking the same amount of water (80oz/day) I was pre-w30. Anyone else experience this or have an explanation?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing I forgot to mention. I was quite regular pre-w30 (went daily and substantially), but have been going 3x per week (less substantially) if I'm lucky, while on w30. I don't feel bloated or any other constipation discomforts, I just don't have to go. This is strange since I'm eating 2x the veggies and drinking the same amount of water (80oz/day) I was pre-w30. Anyone else experience this or have an explanation?

Less processed carbage would be my guess.  On keto I don't poop very much --- I feel like those rumors about Kim Jong Un from the movie The Interview: about just running so efficiently I don't generate any waste.  :ph34r:

• Administrators

Less processed carbage would be my guess.  On keto I don't poop very much --- I feel like those rumors about Kim Jong Un from the movie The Interview: about just running so efficiently I don't generate any waste.  :ph34r:

I totally experienced that when I was keto as well. Like my body simply used everything so efficiently that I didn't generate as much byproduct.  

Kirkor, you're weird. :lol:

I have nothing to contribute about poop, sorry. My kids talk about it all the time, if that helps...

I had another very strange dinner, but a reasonable breakfast and I've packed a reasonable lunch. Really must shop. Like tonight. Tomorrow I eat rice!

So, I don't know if this is the last hurrah before all the toxins are finally out of my body, but what I thought was allergies is a cold! I have felt awful for three days! cloudy head, congested and now today it moved in to my chest and I'm coughing. I don't know what to do as I really don't want to take meds. I've been getting as much sleep as possible, I made soup tonight, I boosted vitamin c...I haven't worked out all week and yet I still feel terrible. any suggestions?

It could just be a cold...I dont think it has to be related to toxin release. Soup is good...I hear bone broth is excellent for healing. Echinacea ans zinc are also good. Hot tea always helped me for coughing. Hope you feel better soon! (Id say if you are still sick after 10 days then go to the Dr...)

Ditto what ColoradoGirl said... Soup, bone broth, and hot tea.  Hope you feel better soon!

So my goal of 100 days isn't gonna happen this time around.  I ummm might have had a couple peanut butter cups yesterday....  Oddly enough it doesn't seem to have any effect on me today.  No wild cravings, no stomach ache or anything.  My husband saw the wrappers and he was like "uh oh you cheated!  Does this mean we get to go out for pizza and eat good stuff this weekend?!?!"  LOL  Thanks for the support..  But no I have no desire at all for that stuff.  So today starts a brand new day 1!

so, I'm definitely feeling better today. I've spent the day just taking it easy and took a steamy shower to help with congestion. the tea suggestion definitely helped so thank you!

idk what is going on but I am like ravenous today. I overslept and didn't have breakfast until 11 and since then I've had the desire to eat everything! I gave in and had some fruit a little while ago but I seriously feel like if I gave up control I could eat my freakin house down. it's terrible! I'm definitely doing my best to resist.

Jomyke: Are you starting another w30 over then? Im not sure how to approach this either. I am sticking to the plan for the most part- but I had wine last nite. We had "pasta" which for me was zucchini (sausage, veggies, tomato sauce) and red wine. I had paleo parm cheese instead of dairy cheese. Meh- I felt dehydrated and blah this morning. I feel like I need to make my own "rules" so I dont go overboard - like paleo ice cream only once per week or wine only on the weekends...It really seems easier just to stick to the rules and do another w30, LOL.

SarahRoseyCheeks: Happy you are feeling better. Id say being hungry is a good sign you are on your way to health!

so, I'm definitely feeling better today. I've spent the day just taking it easy and took a steamy shower to help with congestion. the tea suggestion definitely helped so thank you!

idk what is going on but I am like ravenous today. I overslept and didn't have breakfast until 11 and since then I've had the desire to eat everything! I gave in and had some fruit a little while ago but I seriously feel like if I gave up control I could eat my freakin house down. it's terrible! I'm definitely doing my best to resist.

Eat your house down. Really. Eat.

Today is my non-gluten grains day. I'm aiming for tortilla shells, rice, and popcorn. I'm pretty sure I already know that the rice and tortilla shells are fine, and the popcorn makes me feel bloat-y, but I'll find out with more accuracy today.

What happened? Was it a conscious choice?

yeah it was a moment of weakness(can I blame the monthly girly monster? Lol) but also I kinda wanted to prove to myself it would make me sick. But oddly enough today Im feeling even stronger in my drive to make this a lifestyle. I think getting all the junk out of my system for 32 days has killed off the bad guys cuz before this would have totally set me in binge mood for weeks. So I'm kinda excited about that.

ColoradoGirl, yeah I'm not sure yet if I should call this day 1 of another round of whole30 or just call it day 1 of life. I like the idea of being able to have banana ice cream once a week during the hot summer. Or I found these awesome sweet potato chips made with coconut oil. But I really don't want to go much further off the rules than that. I kinda feel like I just need to get totally healthy first, stick with this for now, and maybe make some changes down the road, but it feels do-able right now.

Sarah, so glad you are feeling better! I had that eat the house down day a week or so ago. Yeah I just ate every compliant thing I could find until I was finally satisfied! I think it was egg salad that finally satisfied me. Felt better the next day!

yeah it was a moment of weakness(can I blame the monthly girly monster? Lol) but also I kinda wanted to prove to myself it would make me sick. But oddly enough today Im feeling even stronger in my drive to make this a lifestyle. I think getting all the junk out of my system for 32 days has killed off the bad guys cuz before this would have totally set me in binge mood for weeks. So I'm kinda excited about that.

ColoradoGirl, yeah I'm not sure yet if I should call this day 1 of another round of whole30 or just call it day 1 of life. I like the idea of being able to have banana ice cream once a week during the hot summer. Or I found these awesome sweet potato chips made with coconut oil. But I really don't want to go much further off the rules than that. I kinda feel like I just need to get totally healthy first, stick with this for now, and maybe make some changes down the road, but it feels do-able right now.

Sarah, so glad you are feeling better! I had that eat the house down day a week or so ago. Yeah I just ate every compliant thing I could find until I was finally satisfied! I think it was egg salad that finally satisfied me. Felt better the next day!

Drops in the bucket, after logging a 30+, don't beat yourselves up. I sympathize with the bigger question of how to incorporate the goodies you like in a healthy and balanced manner? For me, finding that balance is real progress, not how long I can eat w30 without cracking.

Enjoying the re-intro process. So far the notorious gluten doesn't seem to have any unpleasant affects on me, although I still suspect it was contributing to my morning nasal congestion. Looking forward to trying some non-glutens tomorrow (oatmeal, purple corn chips and salsa).

Lol, Rugarcia...I dont feel like Im on the W30 anymore even though Im basically eating that way. I need to find somewhat of a balance- without going overboard (Im one of those abstainer kinda peeps). I think wine on weekends (if I want it) and Sunday paleo "ice cream" is a way to start for me. I think Kirkor posted about it...Im doing a WholeJess - making up my own "rules" as I go along ;-)

Sooo....I might have said it before, but I have my 24/7 on call phone till June 1. I got a call tonite. (I get calls when people pass away- I dont want to go into too many details- but this is when my work begins). I didnt have a panic attack this time. I feel overall pretty calm. I did have a glass of wine tonite- but this usually wld send me into a tailspin of worry- heart pounding and the whole bit- and bingeing on booze and sugar. I cant really do anything until tomorrow and first thing Monday morning. I did what I needed to tonite and was able to stay pretty relaxed. Im finishing my wine...and just going on with my evening. Hmm. That is pretty awesome.

I feel like a completely different person today! Thank you AmyS for telling me to eat. I did. All compliant, but I ate until I was finally full. I feel so much better today. My mom used to say, "starve a fever, feed a cold".

Last night I made raw chocolate almond butter fudge. Totally dairy, sugar, gluten free. (I know, I know major SWYPOut) Mainly because Husband was begging me to make brownies. I had one with a little coconut cream on top. Holy schnikies soooooo yummy!

In definitely sticking with a WholeSarah. Sticking with a Whole 30 template with a few Paleo indulgences here and there.

I forgot to eat rice yesterday so had it for breakfast. So far, legumes and non gluten grains are a go. Next up, dairy. Which I may try today, since the non gluten grains were completely positive.

I'm most interested in milk, cheese, and yogurt.

For the gluten grains, I'm most interested in bread and pasta. Maybe flour tortillas.

I'm pretty happy with how I'm expanding my food repertoire these last days. I've been very pleased with Whole30 eating as a basis for all of my food choices for the last couple of years, and now I'm happy with branching out. Food is good.

Yep, I decided to move straight on to dairy. So far milk and cheese have been fine, yogurt later. I'm pretty sure that dairy is fine as long as I don't make it the main staple of my diet.

Special note on strawberries: I have to avoid citrus fruits for the most part because I get an allergic reaction - I seem to be having a similar reaction to strawberries, eaten in quantity. There was a REALLY good sale yesterday. Hehe Fortunately my allergies are not life-threatening, just inconvenient for a few hours.

Archived