Post Pressure Cooker recipes here!!! :-)

JillH

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to the above suggestions...

I use it for steam-baking potatoes. NNP has a kale & carrots recipe that's good. I made applesauce in 3 minutes: apples and cinnamon.

I do NOT recommend using it for softer vegetables like broccoli. Even spaghetti squash turned out soggy, though it was done in 3 minutes.

I found a lot of ideas by searching pressure cooking recipes.

Since I got my Instant Pot, I haven't used my slow cooker. I have often been disappointed with how food cooked in the crockpot seemed somewhat flavorless. I have had to re-season food at the end of the cooking time. With my Instant Pot (I call it my speed-cooker), flavors are more intense and leaner cuts of meat are not dried out. Plus...the Instant Pot has a setting for slow cooking.

I have a small kitchen, so I depend on my tools being able to multi-task.

• 3 weeks later...

I adore my Instant Pot! Last night I did sweet potatoes and artichokes and tonight I will be making chicken bone broth! I have used it as a slow cooker, beef tongue, and I'm seriously considering making my 6qt crockpot into a dedicated hot process soap maker. Now that it's getting hot out, 92 at my place yesterday, I love that I can make the sweet potatoes perfectly cooked in 10 minutes vs. an hour in the oven which makes my apartment unbearably hot!

I picked up a tongue from a local farm, I put it in the Instant Pot with 1 onion cut in quarters, a couple of smashed garlic cloves, a few peppercorns, 2 bay leaves and a healthy pinch of salt, cover with water and let it slow cook for about 6 hours. I pulled it out I let it cool a few minutes then pulled the membrane off. At this point  you can do all kinds of things with it, throw it in a pan with some taco seasoning and do lengua tacos! I took a few slices and dippped them into some dumpling sauce and had it just like that. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I love love love love my Instant Pot. 

If I may suggest that when you are NOT doing a W30 and you want an excellent source of good probiotics use it to make yogurt.  Get some good NONhomogenized whole milk.  Follow the IP's directions and ferment it for 24 hours.  Put it through a coffee filter if you want it a little thicker once it is finished and cooled off.  Oh my goodness, it is so much better than store bought yogurt.  I have IBS so I make the Specific Carbohydrate Diet type (only certain strains of bacteria are allowed) and eat it almost daily.  

When I got it over the winter I made Melissa Joulwan's silken cauliflower soup all the time.  Eventually I started making a broccoli version too.  So nice to do your sautéing and cooking in just one pot in just 30 minutes!

Whenever I need to have some protein around I toss in some freezer beef (often still frozen), spices and a little beef broth and press the "meat" button and then I've got shredded meat for a few meals.  I do the same thing with Trader Joe's drumsticks.

And you can't go wrong with NomNom's Korean Beef.  Probably my favorite dish ever.  But now I can't eat onions or garlic.  Anyone want the sauce I've got frozen in my freezer ;) ?

Archived