Chili's restaurant - hamburger without bun?

Whole30Sue

I am taking my daughter and two friends prom dress shopping today. Her current favorite place to eat is Chili's. I can get the house salad without croutons and without cheese. Bring my own dressing. For protein, I looked through there allergen menu and the only thing on all three: the soy-free, the gluten-free, and the dairy-free lists were their hamburger patties. What do you think? Guess I could order hamburger sans bun and fries?

Am I missing a non-compliant ingredient? I guess they could season with a blend of spices that contains sugar?

I've never been the picky restaurant orderer. Time to start?

I plan to pack a little cooler with some foods in case.

After confirming any seasonings are compliant, see if you can get the burger dry-grilled. Add some steamed broccoli and avocado slices or guacamole, and you've got a template meal.  (If you're going to have salsa, confirm that it is compliant.  Especially watch out for sugar here.)

I really need this way of eating to help me, so I didn't want to risk a single unwanted ingredient, so I just had salad. Brought my own dressing. I had packed some leftovers and ate them in the car later when I got hungry again. Not an ideal day, but it worked.

Archived