Struggling with morning motivation

This is more of a changing-habits question than a food question.

I am on day 14. Through about day 10 I was doing really well with getting up and moving in the morning so that I have time to make breakfast and prep lunch, but the past few days I have slid back into my pre-W30 habits of hitting snooze and/or lounging on the couch until the last possible second.

It used to be that my husband and I got up at the same time, but since he doesn't have to get up to make me coffee anymore, he stays in bed (which I don't blame him, but it makes it that much more tempting to stay snuggled in, too!). As a result, both my meal 1 and meal 2 are suffering because I'm eating on the run and/or not really packing enough for two meals. I'm staying compliant, but I know I can do better.

Ideas to get my mornings back on track?

• Administrators

Maybe you could tell your hubby that you really value that morning coffee time together and could he start getting up with you anyway? Failing that, try prepping your breakfast (at least the ingredients) the night before so that you can grab and go?  Make sure your lunch is packed the night before too....before you go and do any of your evening activities.  

Placing priority on making sure that you are properly fed is important....and the more you practice doing it, the quicker you get at it and the stranger (read: completely unacceptable) it seems when you don't do it.  Keep trying!  :)

Properly fed

DH, get outta bed

Lunch packed ahead

With no remorse

No more tired bones

Through the exercise course

A savory swig

Energizes bones

Instant caffeine rush

Electrifies your head

Morning coffee is on the go

A creamy lemon mayo