April 16th Start Date & Feeling Great

MePeachyKeen

Howdy Howdy! Just wanted to introduce myself on the start of my THIRD day. 

My name is Tana and I'm living in a very new-to-me city of Utah. I'm a SoCal transplant who moved here a few months ago to give myself a kick-in-the-butt (I was getting way too comfortable, grumpy, and bored in my hometown).

Things have been great! Found a job, I love the outdoors here in Utah...but what I didn't expect was how hard I'd fall off the food and drink wagon upon moving. For the first time in my adult life I have a roommate and we share a kitchen...a tiny kitchen. So I started eating out a lot. Which led to drinking out a lot. Which led to more eating and more drinking and before I knew it, I'd gained like 20 pounds. 

Whole30 speaks to me because, back when I was really on top of my life (haha), I ate sort of this way. Also, I did a

30 day pH balance detox a few years ago. So no gluten, no dairy (except Greek yogurt), and no alcohol OR coffee. Thank GOODNESS I can have coffee on Whole30.

Anyhoo, I noticed many wonderful side-effects of that detox like clearer skin, more energy, clearer thinking, positive mood. So I know Whole30 will be well worth the effort. Probably the hardest things to say goodbye to for these 30 days are red wine and pasta (hey, I'm Italian) as well as soy sauce and traditional white/brown rice sushi and tofu. 

While I know that weightloss is not the purpose of Whole30 I am still counting calories on MyFitnessPal so I can hopefully also lose some weight. Not shockingly, staying within my caloric budget of 1200 calories a day has been easy as...PIE! See what I did there? 

I'm sure I'll need some support along the way and come up with some questions, but I'm glad to be here!

Tana

While I know that weightloss is not the purpose of Whole30 I am still counting calories on MyFitnessPal so I can hopefully also lose some weight. Not shockingly, staying within my caloric budget of 1200 calories a day has been easy as...PIE! See what I did there? 

Welcome Tana!

Note that we advise against counting calories on a Whole30.  The idea is to tune into your satiety cues, and create meals that follow the recommended meal template that satiate you for 4-5 hours. 

Give it a try - not counting calories is most liberating!

• Moderators

Honestly, the people who count calories lose and gain the same weight over and over again for decades. Get off that escalator and learn a way that actually works for the long-term. Absolutely nothing good comes from counting calories. 

• Administrators

Please understand that calories in vs calories out is somethign that the processed food industry wants us to believe.  Eating 1200 calories of donuts and alcohol is a world away from eating 1200 calories of good meats, fresh veggies and good fats. It's not even on the same planet.

Humans were designed well before MFP and WW and IIFYM came around.  Eat real food in quantities that are suitable to your context and you will be fine!

Archived