Lemonade Cafe

WeebleMom

Does anyone in the Los Angeles area have any ingredients info from Lemonade?  I have their cookbook, so was able to look up a few recipes ahead of time, which worked great, because I was able to identify problematic ingredients I would not have suspected.  

But I am curious in particular about their Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Carmelized Onions and Grape Glaze.  (It's not in the cookbook.)  I'm sure there are more ingredients than that.  I emailed Lemonade and they told me their servers will have all ingredients info when I order, but I really prefer to plan out ahead of time -- especially in a situation where I am holding up the line instead of sitting at a table with a waiter.

Thanks in advance for any info!  I'm only on day 4 and I am very nervous about eating out!

Whenever you go to a restaurant, you're going there on blind faith.  Some of their recipes are absolutely trade secrets. They're not going to share everything and they hold their cards close to the chest...especially the locally owned Maw and Paw places.  

Do the best you can before you go.  There's never a 100% guarantee... what shows up on your plate is exactly what you think it might be.  Chefs/cooks come and go...have their own techniques.  It's like a poker game.  One chef might throw a tad of vegetable oil on a steak and another doesn't.   One might throw brown sugar into their glaze with Orange Crush soda pop for carrots and another might not. (Yes, they do this).  One could use grape soda pop for the glaze or another might use grape juice or real grapes.  The secret's in the sauce so they say.

the best way to know ingredients is to ask. Call at a non-busy time and ask. Also note: I would not rely on the restaurant's cookbook for ingredients. The way they make these dishes in house may be quite different from what they publish as a recipe.

Archived