Fruit Salad

Reba Mae

There are no desserts on whole30, and fruit is only to be eaten with, or as part of a meal so I wouldn't have thought you'd not find a while30 fruit salad recipe I'm afraid - but if they're non-whole30ers they can eat what they want & the whole30ers can just do without surely?

Why do you need a recipe for fruit salad? Cut a bunch of fruits into a bowl together, add a squeeze of orange juice, good to go. Or maybe I just missed something...?

- Vary your textures. Don't just have mushy fruits, include crisp ones like a good apple. Maybe even throw in a small handful of toasted pecans?

- Vary your flavors. Not all sweet fruits, include something a bit more tart.

- Vary your colors. If it looks pretty, you'll be more inclined to eat it and like it.

There are no desserts on whole30, and fruit is only to be eaten with, or as part of a meal so I wouldn't have thought you'd not find a while30 fruit salad recipe I'm afraid - but if they're non-whole30ers they can eat what they want & the whole30ers can just do without surely?

You are correct.  No desserts.   So when faced with a buffet style potluck...I would make something I could eat.  My choice would be a salad with greens, avocado and fruit.   A  few nuts thrown over the top for decoration.  If no one but you wants that,  I'd bring it on home for leftovers.

I'd let the world know in a quiet way that I was breaking out of the traditional buffet dishes.  I'd proudly display my new way of thinking without saying a word to anyone about it.   Then, Reba Mae,  come back to the forum and announce all of your great decisions going forward and we will rally and cheer you on.  

Archived