Anxiety about prix fixe dinner party 4 days into Reintroduction!

kbsmyth

Hi! I am on day 11 and feeling pretty good (...feeling healthier and liberated from sugar dragon but not quite the "magic" yet). Four days after I end the Whole 30 I am flying to my best friend's 40th bday celebration, which is a prix fixe gourmet meal with a wine pairing. I must admit I am salvating as I type this. She specifically held off party till I was done with Whole 30 so I could eat and drink. Not going isn't a consideration. I have thought about being selective about what I eat on my plate but most likely it will be all mixed together in a big lump of deliciousness. With a ton of cheese butter and grains galore. Not to mention the wine. Wondering if I should request something special but not sure what...and honestly bummed about missing such a meal. However I don't want to throw away all my hard work. My main goal for doing the whole 30 is to increase my energy and decrease emotional eating habits.

Any suggestions on how to make experience more whole30ish? Or how to handle aftermath of such a meal??

Hi! I am on day 11 and feeling pretty good (...feeling healthier and liberated from sugar dragon but not quite the "magic" yet). Four days after I end the Whole 30 I am flying to my best friend's 40th bday celebration, which is a prix fixe gourmet meal with a wine pairing. I must admit I am salvating as I type this. She specifically held off party till I was done with Whole 30 so I could eat and drink. Not going isn't a consideration. I have thought about being selective about what I eat on my plate but most likely it will be all mixed together in a big lump of deliciousness. With a ton of cheese butter and grains galore. Not to mention the wine. Wondering if I should request something special but not sure what...and honestly bummed about missing such a meal. However I don't want to throw away all my hard work. My main goal for doing the whole 30 is to increase my energy and decrease emotional eating habits.

Any suggestions on how to make experience more whole30ish? Or how to handle aftermath of such a meal??

• Moderators

Honestly, I would probably go, have what looked and sounded good and worth it (check out the guide to nutritional offroading for more on how to decide that), have a great time, and get right back to Whole30 eating the next day. Eat Whole30 for at least a few days, then go back to reintroductions if you want to.

Requesting something special is also a good choice, but I'd consider how you'd feel about that -- would you feel left out or resentful that you weren't having the same food everyone else was?

Archived