same cravings! Im so hungry

day 4 I still have that stupid dominos craving I had yesterday. I am starving all the time too. This morning I did pretty good but throughout the day it wore off and after lunch within an hour I was still hungry. I made some cauliflower chowder last night and all I could think about the WHOLE time was pizza. This is freaking torture <_< .

Nadia says it so well....

Nadia B

Advanced Member

• photo-thumb-12442.jpeg?_r=1429028549
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2310 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

Sad news - if something is like crack to you you probably have a real emotional attachment to it and proooobably don't need it all that much. Good news - a lot of people managed just fine and there is not better time for you to try and give it up entirely. It's actually a no science miracle here. You will probably be so distracted by planning, shopping and cooking, that the absence of coffee will be less and less painful. As the energy (and hormones) will be balancing out, you will notice that it will become take it or leave it kind of deal. 

Before you roll your eyes at my lecture, I will tell you that I've spent a lot of very sad days trying to give up coffee because I was truly addicted to it (cream and sugar then just black). It took some time before coming to a place where 2 cups is an absolute max I can possibly want. I CAN have as many as I please, because I am giving myself permission to. I don't because Whole30 gives you one amazing thing - being in tune with what your body truly wants/needs. 

• Moderators

It would be helpful to know what you are eating, could you list a few days' worth of typical meals, including approximate serving sizes as described in the meal template?

In general, things that help with cravings are to make sure you eat plenty at every meal (1-2 palm-sized pieces of protein, 1-2 thumb-sized pieces of fat, and 1-3 cups of vegetable, more if they're raw leafy greens), and make sure you have some kind of starchy vegetable at least once a day.

Other things that can help include having a variety of foods, playing with seasonings and sauces to change things up, or trying new recipes that you're excited about.

What is it you want about pizza? Is it the tomato sauce flavoring? Is there some Whole30 compliant food that could help with the craving? Maybe make up some Meatza or even just spaghetti squash or zoodles topped with marinara sauce and meatballs.

It would be helpful to know what you are eating, could you list a few days' worth of typical meals, including approximate serving sizes as described in the meal template?

In general, things that help with cravings are to make sure you eat plenty at every meal (1-2 palm-sized pieces of protein, 1-2 thumb-sized pieces of fat, and 1-3 cups of vegetable, more if they're raw leafy greens), and make sure you have some kind of starchy vegetable at least once a day.

Other things that can help include having a variety of foods, playing with seasonings and sauces to change things up, or trying new recipes that you're excited about.

What is it you want about pizza? Is it the tomato sauce flavoring? Is there some Whole30 compliant food that could help with the craving? Maybe make up some Meatza or even just spaghetti squash or zoodles topped with marinara sauce and meatballs.

I have the template on my fridge to see what I need and I am suppose to be eating. I am not big on a lot of meat and that's a problem when it comes to protein. Im trying my best to get in 2 servings a meal along with everything else. As far as what I want from dominos and why? THey have a bread bowl filled with pasta that is to die for :P  (literally like 1400 calories) and I have it every now and again. I don't think there is much to replace the bread or alfredo sauce not that I can think of. Here is what today looked like

Breakfast:

Three egg omelet cooked in coconut oil with spinach (1 cup)

half an apple with almond butter

Lunch:

Salad ( 2 cups of spinach, carrots, tomato's, broccoli, celery, green onions balsamic vinegar and oil)

1/8 cup of cashews

boiled egg

2oz of salami

haven't had dinner seeing I am on Hawaii time but last night I made the cauliflower chowder full of tons of veggies, bacon crumbles, and snacked on cherries)

• Moderators

Lunch may have been light on protein, and your dinner last night had no protein, really -- bacon is generally more fat than protein.  I understand not being a big meat eater, but you need to find some way to get protein into each meal. How do you feel about tuna fish or other kinds of fish? Or up the number of eggs if that works better. There was someone here on the forum not long ago who did a whole30 using nothing but eggs and fish as proteins, so it can be done without actually eating beef or chicken, although if you're open to eating meat we do encourage you to have a variety of protein sources.

I also notice a lack of starchy vegetables. Many people, especially women, feel better with some kind of starchy vegetables at least once per day, and maybe more, especially right around that time of the month. These could include potatoes, sweet potatoes, any of the winter squashes like butternut, acorn, kabocha, or spaghetti squash, or root vegetables like beets, turnips, or rutabagas.

While there's nothing that will replace bread and alfredo sauce, you might find that something like a baked sweet potato or a sweet potato hash topped with runny eggs and maybe some mayo would give you a nice carby/creamy combo. Or make a hollandaise sauce to pour over your eggs and your vegetables. Even baked or roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, root veggies, or some combo of those with some mayo for dipping might do it.

I think making sure you have enough starchy vegetables and fats, maybe even more than you think you need, would help with your cravings right now. I'm not saying eat tons and tons of fat and carbs all the time, but it may be that right now, for a few days, it's what your body wants, so go with it. You can always back off a bit later if you find you're getting overly full, but for now, just try it.

Archived