Binge = restart?

I am a stress eater. Over the last few days I have had some MAJOR stress in my life that I have no control over. Right this moment, I am still in control, but I really feel I could go eat a HUGE plate of watermelon and it would make the stress dissipate if only for a few minutes.

My questions is... if I cave, does a binge, even on Whole30 compliant foods mean I have to start over on day 1 again? 

I have made it to day 11. I started this knowing my birthday is on May 16th. If I have to restart, I don't know if I would find the strength to ever do it. I know I wouldn't start right back on day 1 tomorrow because Mother's Day and my birthday are RIGHT there now. The idea of reliving the headaches from day 2-4 for me is not going to push me towards enduring it again.

Aury

Aury - technically, you could eat an entire watermelon and not have to start over.   Watermelon is compliant and while 2 fruits aday is the recommended amount....better to eat watermelon than anything non-compliant.   Try to eat some protein with the watermelon for greater satiety.

Guest Andria

Bingeing on Whole30 compliant foods does not necessitate a restart.  Can you, however, find something non-food related to help soothe yourself when you are really stressed?  I stress eat as well.  Try going for a walk, drinking a cup of herbal tea (Tulsi herbal tea is beneficial for relieving stress), a bath.  As you probably already understand, the Whole30 is not only about changing the foods we eat but also changing the reasons why we eat.

• Administrators

Yes to what the girls have already said. Also note that if you do decide to do a Whole30 again or extend the one you are on, you don't necessarily get the enormous headaches that you had in the first two days. The closer you stay to Whole30 in your regular life, the less "transition" there is when you come to it again from an absence.

Archived