Coconut allergy?

I have been eating coconut since I started whole 30 back in February. I decided to eliminate it for a few days after posting on here last week about the fact that I now seem to be gaining weight. I had some yesterday and I immediately felt sick. My stomach burned which I have been experiencing since the beginning but I thought it was hunger. I almost threw up later in the day after my second meal. I cannot believe that it took me over 2 months to figure this out! It does make me hopeful that I won't feel as hungry going forward (or at least what I perceived to be hunger). Also, as an update I seem to be losing again after tightening up my 3 meals and removing the coconut for a few days! I don't know how this program can be done in 30 days as I am continually needing to adjust what works best for me.

Just curious if anyone else identified an allergy to coconut through this process? I did not think coconut was an allergen.

• Moderators

Strawberries and asparagus give me trouble and they're not "allergens" per se.

Yes, overdoing coconut is a problem for me, though milk and flesh behaves differently than oils, which are fine. I'm not sure why. Though I do think overdoing any one food for a period of time can lead to trouble. True omnivorousness is best.

Glad you've figured this out for yourself!

Archived