Day 9 Skin Dimpling/increased cellulit

Skin has a structure that includes a matrix that is kind of like mesh and layers of skin can push against this matrix causing the look of "dimples" or "cellulite". This is not a disorder or disease, it is just one way skin can look.

This appearance may be enhanced or diminished depending on hydration levels and inflammation however, for the most part your skin either naturally has this or it does not. It isn't something that you can permanently change. But here's the good news: IT DOESN'T MATTER! Isn't that awesome? This condition has zero impact on the healthy functioning of your skin and does not indicate anything wrong with you.

• Moderators

I agree with and love what missmary said. 

While you can't permanently change the look of your thighs, you can change your perception of how they look. This has been my experience anyway. I use a dry brushing technique every day before showering and i also lovingly apply oils and/or homemade lotions. Once upon a time I could hardly look at the parts of myself I deemed flawed or ugly. But through a long slow process of not just looking, but touching and caring for all my parts, I've changed the way I talk to myself and the way I feel about myself. And that changes the way I move through the world. Subtle changes can cause seismic shifts.

so I wondered if it had anything to do with burning fat stores or something equally positive from the diet

Yes, it is possible that whole30 eating has decreased inflammation making this condition more apparent. That is a positive thing indeed!

Archived