Is Young Living's Ningxia Nitro ok?

JenSie75

I'm going to be starting Whole30 with my new challenge at Farrell's, both for 30 days (from May 21st - June 19th) and had a question about a natural supplement/drink I have every day before I workout. 

Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Purified water, Nitro juice blend concentrate: (Cherry, Kiwi, Blueberry, Acerola, Bilberry, Black currant, Raspberry, Strawberry, Cranberry), Coconut nectar, Natural flavors, Pectin, Xanthan gum

I have attached more information about Ningxia Nitro (pdf attached).

If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you so much!

~ Jen

PIP_NingXia_Nitro.pdf

• Administrators

No, coconut nectar is a sweetener, this would not be compliant.

Eat lots of colorful vegetables, a bunch of proteins and some good fats and leave the marketing ploy behind.  

Whole30 is pretty much the exact opposite of this drink. We want you to eat food. We don't want you to drink processed random stuff that other people tell you is nutritious. Buy meat, buy vegetables, buy fats, cook them, and eat them.

Thank you.

I already eat a ton of colorful vegetables, proteins, and good fats on Farrell's plan, but still take this for fibromyalgia pain.  It has helped, so just wondering.  If we are unable to have coconut nectar, then I will forego it and see how my body reacts.  Thank you for your input/opinion.

• Administrators

I'm not a doctor, but there is nothing in this mixture that would do anything to relieve pain.  It doesn't even seem to be marketed for that but instead for mental alertness.  B vitamins will definitely give you an energy boost and mental alertness and they have a pretty good dose of B in the mixture.  You'd do just as well to keep eating a healthy variety and taking a compliant B Complex if you want.

Thank you again. I appreciate the input. While the literature doesn't state it, I went to a doctor who uses Young Living and suggested it, as they have done studies on fibro pain and Ningxia, and it has been working. Maybe it's in my head, but it's been working.

I'll try the 30 days without it and see what happens. Fingers crossed. :)

You may be interested in picking up a copy of Practical Paleo. There are a half dozen or so month-long meal plans which are tailored to different health conditions including chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. Along with the meal plans, there are recommendations on nutrients to focus on (and what foods you find them in) along with activity and lifestyle suggestions.

Personally, I don't see anything in that drink that would be a "magic bullet" for fibro pain and wouldn't already be readily available in a whole foods based diet.

Archived