No appetite and dizzy day 3

I'm on day 3 of whole 30 and I've felt pretty hungry for breakfast and lunch, but once dinner rolls around I'm forcing myself to eat, today I woke up took a shower and was extremely dizzy and having cold sweats. I want to eat more, but I don't feel hungry! Am I doing something wrong?

It's hard to tell without getting an idea of what you've been eating and drinking, and what your activity levels have been like.

Can you post 2-3 days of your food log, including portion sizes, daily water consumption, nightly hours of sleep and any exercise?  With that information, we can give you more relevant feedback.

Day 1: 2 scrambled eggs with green peppers, about 3/4 cups of spaghetti squash, and black berries

Lunch: about a cup of ground beef with 1/2 cups Swiss chard, almonds, and another fruit (I think) lol

Dinner: chicken curry with a side salad and pineapple (this was the first night I started to lose appitite)

Day 2: breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 avocado, a few almonds and a sweet potato

Day 2 lunch: a beef burger on a salad with apples and almond butter

Day 2 dinner: small piece of fish with an avocado and fresh salsa, blueberries. (Again forcing this meal down)

Day 3 (today) 2 boiled eggs, roasted sweet potato/ butternut squash, cantaloupe, almonds:

I normally work at 3 in the morning so a normal night of sleep for me is 6-7 hours. I'm exhausted since starting whole 30. On the days I'm off I sleep much more then that. No physical activity yet.

Here are my thoughts:

- aim for drinking 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of your current body weight, daily
- shoot for closer to 7-8 hours of sleep nightly
- Eat More.  :) When eggs are your sole protein, the serving size is the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand without dropping them. For most folks, that's at least 3-4 eggs.  Otherwise, a serving a protein is the length, width and thickness of your palm: 1-2 of those palm-sized amounts per meal. Get in 1-3 cups of veggies per meal before you add fruit.  Be sure to include a compliant fat at every meal.

But what about my lack of appetite? Part of the detox process?

I see on Day 2, you did eat a beef burger for lunch.  If you're able to eat other proteins like fish and beef, that would be great.   If I ate eggs morning, noon and night, I would be burnt out in 3 days time.  A variety of proteins will make you feel better.   Other proteins in addition to eggs adds to satiety and removes food boredom.  There's nothing like grilled salmon or fish that soothes the stomach.  Add a lemony balsamic reduction for good dietary fat and flavor.  Oh my.

Archived