Tuna

I typically pick up wild planet tuna (just tuna and salt) but I do believe that some of the national brands that are packed in foil packets might be soy free--course it varies by region, so I am loath to give you absolutes. Best bet is to read, read, read labels. 

I agree with SpinSpin. I can't find any compliant tuna for under five dollars a (vewy vewy small) can where I live, so I just don't buy it. I discovered that I can get compliant canned salmon a lot cheaper where I live. So definitely read labels and look at other canned fish products too.

Yes, that is basically what I have found....soy in everything that is not super expensive. Don't even like Tuna that much but thought it would be a good thing to have around my work in case caught without food. 

Guest Andria

If you have a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's nearby, they both have several varieties that are compliant.

Since you said you don't like tuna much anyway and you want something convenient if caught without food at work you could try tinned sardines, trout or smoked oysters (Trader Joe's brand are yum!). 

I went to Trader Joe and they had tuna without soy and it was cheap, too....maybe $1.50. Can't get myself to eat oysters (well bread em and deep fry em and I can tolerate....) or tinned sardines either. But the tuna goes in the "take to work bag" Figure if I'm hungry enough to eat tuna straight from the can, well I'm hungry. 

Archived