Tired on whole30

• Administrators

Hello, 

I just finished the whole30 and I'm still SO tired. I'm still waking up a couple times a night and by 11 am I feel like I need a nap. Any advice?

Sorry you aren't feeling well.  It's pretty hard to give advice without some background information.  Can you give us a few days of your typical meals (include portions as they relate to your own palm/thumb), meal timing, fluids, stress, sleep, exercise and anything else that might be relevant (nursing, autoimmune etc)? Then we can take a look and see if anything stands out.

I drinking 80 oz of water everyday and adding 8oz during my workout. 

I haven't working out day yet.

Monday 30 minutes of cardio

Sunday off Day

Saturday  1 hour and 15 min. high intensity class

Saturday 

2 pouched eggs, kale, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee, 1/4 avocado

lettuce wrapped burger with tomatoes, grilled onions, 

pulled pork, 1/2 baked potato with avocado oil with grilled vegetables

Sunday

pork and apple patty, 1/2 grapefruit, 

pulled pork salad with salsa and guacamole from chipotle

Steak and potatoes with grilled veggies

Sunday

hamburger patty with grapes

hot dog ( whole 30 approved) with grilled veggies

Hamburger with salad

Hope this helps

I get to have a glass of wine today I hoping I get to joy it.  

• Administrators

The first thing that really stands out is that you don't seem to be giving yourself pre or post workout food.  PRE workout we recommend protein and fat and POST workout we recommend lean protein and starchy veggies.

It's pretty hard to tell what your serving sizes are for the most part.  Eggs when they are your sole protein source should be as many as you can hold in your hand, for most people that's at least 3-4.  One hot dog is probably not enough protein for a meal, most hot dogs I've seen are pretty small.  Was your hamburger patty the thickness and size of your palm?  

Aim for 1-3 cups of veggies at every meal, a couple breakfasts are missing veggies all together.

Overall you could very well be undereating and that could be causing your tiredness.  Have you been hungry between meals or at night? Are you starving when you first wake up in the morning?

EDIT:  I also don't see the consistent addition of fat, are you adding it at every meal?

Archived