Trying again starting May 28th

kimmysticks

Lisa you are too funny. I also love sweet potatoes! I have some Moroccan seasoning called ras el hanout that I love to use on them.

Thanks also for the kind words :)

I did very well today at work- no major cravings to work through; my energy was good all day and I haven't felt much of a need to eat fruit during the day; still struggle not to eat it at night- I am throwing some blueberries on my salad and telling myself the kitchen is closed for the night!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 :D

I made a different breakfast.

Egg whites with more spinach and salsa 

squash mash with onions

(I had found a bad of diced frozen squash at the store yesterday and thought hey why not try..it's good-it's no sweet potato but it's good) (baby steps)

That breakfast sounds great Lisa! I had my usual sausage, greens and eggs for M1 and made the crockpot roast chicken from NomNom Paleo which was super juicy and delicious and the gravy was so gooood! Such a simple recipe too.

I had my 5 year old niece come for a visit today and we had the whole day planned out to get our nails done, go shoe shopping (she is a total girly girl- she showed up wearing a paper crown) and to get ice cream (for her) of course. We got the nails done but she was coming down with a cold and by the time it was time to get ice cream and she said she didn't want any I knew she was feeling pretty bad. We got home and I took her temp and it was 103! I was like holy shit; I don't have kids and am usually not in charge of them esp. if they are sick. I had to call her Mom to come get her. It was a good day though in spite of it all; she sat and watched cartoons and Tinker Bell movie and I tried to get her to drink bone broth (which she didn't like) and made her a smoothie. It felt good to be an Aunt today:)

20:) happy but rough time today. My daughter graduated college - yay- and I took her and my other daughter out for lunch. They chose. I took NO chances at this place and drank a glass of ice water with lemon. MMMM. Please not my sarcasm. I don't trust restaurants at all and I wasn't going to eat a garden salad with nothing on it. I found it very hard as I was hungry but my resolve was huge. I am proud of myself but at the time it was really hard. ( as I was sitting there I heard a voice saying - this isn't hard...birthing a baby is hard Lol)

Home now, ate and feeling better. Just figured out how to space my phone text paragraphs too :P

Good morning all.

Lisa, it sounds like you did great yesterday; congrats on your daughter's graduation and on getting through the difficult lunch. You are determined and strong!

Yesterday was hard but not too bad; I had a Dr. appt on my lunch hour and so I just had a couple of hard-boiled eggs and a few sugar snap peas. When I got back from appt and to work I had a Lara Bar because I needed something and that was quick to grab. Had a giant dinner last night and went to bed early. Success.

I am making donuts today;I feel pretty good about where I am at right now but I will post if I am having any trouble.

Have a good day everyone!

Suebee....I cannot imagine what you face but I know your resolve can be greater. I hope you love your way through each dang donut today. YOU matter so much more than a sugary moment.

It's as I gain another day under my belt that I am set in my mind that this is for me. 

I barely believed in myself and hung on by a thread and then one day...my pants were too long.

Being as I did not get shorter lol, I knew I got a tad thinner and that felt pretty good-sweeter than sugar.  :D

If I did not have many failed weight loss attempts under my belt I would not be successful in my resolve now.

Hello All!  Glad to hear everyone is still here  :)   We are on Day 21!!! Woohoo!!!  LisaPT, I too, am so glad your resolve is stronger, and to SueBee whose job I could never do.... how are you doing kimmysticks??   I will say, after the first 10 days, it really hasn't been too bad. I don't want to kill anyone (hehehe) anymore and I'm being forced to eat more than I usually did ie; breakfast!! and lunch instead of a bag of jelly bellys.... my only problem since the beginning is eating enough. I've kinda lost my appetite for anything and struggle to come up with creative ways to entice myself.  But I DID find a way to stop those severe leg cramps I was getting and I'm shamelessly telling everyone how great it is!! LOL. My husband was tired of being woke up in the middle of the night with me jumping out of bed so he went to Walmart and found me a homeopathic remedy (pills) called "Leg and Foot Cramps" by Hyland. $4!! I have taken 2 a night since last week and NEVER had one since....the ingredient was in fact magnesium. I'm no longer miserable  :P

I hope everyone has a great day and here's to 9 more!!

We're rocking it! 3 weeks down! Can you believe it? I ran 5 miles on Monday night as the first of 8 here in the NY State Parks' Summer Run Series. Kicked my butt but I was happy with my time! I'm also feeling good about myself that I can run without the sugary energy gels and such. I think they can be useful when it comes to running, but it's nice to see I can push myself without them and still do well. Next Monday is a 10k with hills so cross your fingers for me! I know what you mean about the boring meals...my main boredom meal is breakfast, I can't lie. But, it's alright. Tonight we did the chicken cacciatore from the new book, came out great! And I tried "zoodles" for the first time yesterday, also very good. They sucked up the flavor of the sauce and I'll def. be making those again. Wee!

22 :D 

I feel really happy with achieving this 30. Clear sailing ahead.

I am looking forward to the next whole 30!

Next week Thursday is 30. 

I am exercising now. I just got excited by what I was seeing and feeling and wanted more. :)

I hope everyone has a great day.

Suebee, I am looking forward to hearing how it went for you at work yesterday.

Good morning everyone! Day 8 for me!!

Kimmy congrats on a great race and good luck for the upcoming ones. I am so jealous of your running; I miss it so much but I am finally starting PT for my foot in early July so I hope I can start running again soon.

Lisa- work went fine and I was not even tempted (well, not very much:) ) when a cake that was never picked up by customer was cut into and served up to everyone in the bakehouse! I actually felt a little smug.

Well today is the start of my weekend and I plan on going on a long hike with my doggie and getting a yoga class in. I am also hitting up the butcher shop for some bones to make more bone broth; the gut healing affects of this stuff are wonderful and I hope to be off of stomach meds some day.

I feel like I am not losing any more weight since I am not working out much at all. I am still seriously lacking in motivation to go to the gym. I am usually exhausted after work and to go before work requires a lot of motivation so I end up going on my days off only. I guess I will accept that right now I am okay with this and when I feel healthier I will feel more motivated.

I hope everyone is doing great and has a wonderful weekend:)

WOW Suebee, already day 8!!!! Weehaw!

Way to go on the will power at work  :D

I am in a non mood again It's the weirdest feeling. Did I lose the ability to feel? Maybe it got flushed out of me with the other crap :(  :lol:

Day 23

good morning. I just have to celebrate not eating cookies! I dog-sat for my sister last night and when I got to her house there were 3 different kinds of homemade cookies on the counter!! I know she baked a bunch for our other sis who wanted them in her freezer for summer for the kids. Anyway, I got there and saw all these cockies and was like - wow what a challenge. But I did not eat them instead I ate a plum, apple and a lara bar. I know, I know still not technically Whole30 standards but I am just happy I didn't eat those cookies.

:D 

How is everyone doing?

I am feeling bloated and non mood. I had a burst of anger the day before yesterday.

I wonder if another period is going to start.

Emotion aside, am happy to have made it..my usual saying  :P .

Looking forward to next Friday the day 31 and beginning of my next whole 30.

Day 10

Thanks Lisa! I always appreciate the encouragement!

Today I am exhausted. I don't remember the last time I felt so bone tired. It goes to show how important getting 8 hours of sleep is.

Despite my fatigue I just finished dry rub of a pork belly that in 7 - 10 days will be cured and ready to smoke for homemade bacon! I am excited to be making this delicacy on my own and choosing my seasonings of choice. It is an easy thing to make for anyone who wants nitrate free and sugar free bacon. I just hope it turns out in the end:)

Homemade bacon you say?? That sounds so cool! Hope it turns out! So it's day 27, I can't believe it. I have passed my old attempt by 4 days now so I am happy about that! Last night was my 6 mile run in 90 degree heat, when I got home I joking yelled to my husband "I just want a cupcake okay?!?!" It was true...but I had some watermelon instead hahah. Anyways we're on the home stretch! Can't wait to hear about people's end results.

Kimmy- congrats on surpassing your first attempt at the Whole30 and a big hooray on completing your race and not giving in to the cupcake monster:)

I made some beef bone broth and am a little disappointed in the results. The first time I made it it became a nice jelly like consistency when cooled but this time no dice and it seems really fatty. I posted on a different forum to find out what may have happened. I am sure it's fine but I just wonder what went wrong. I used a different bone with more connective tissue thinking it would make a nice jelly- weird.

I have to say that I am enjoying the cooking process. I think of myself as more of a baker but I am actually loving this meat thing- I have fallen in love with meat! I also love veggies but a perfectly seasoned and cooked cut of meat is something else.

DAY 29!

Can you believe it??

I am certain I will be doing another 30 starting Friday.

I don't need something different to eat in between.

I like this way of eating.

I like preparing food for myself.

I like that I matter.

Archived