non-digestive inflammation?

I have dealt with tendonitis and joint pain for years. I just completed the whole 30 successfully, and was shocked to see my tendonitis and joint pain disappeared. Since it ended, i have had a small amount of dairy, wheat, and a handful of potatoe chips. (only a serving of each, my stomach disagreed each time.) Aside from digestive disagreement to these foods, are anyany likely to trigger inflammation outside the digestive track? I have family saying it's just a fluke, but it went away within a week of eliminating these foods and came back within a day if reintroducing them. I love the idea of eliminating my pain and tendonitis and am curious which foods would be most likely to help. Thanks!

• Moderators

It's not a fluke when pain measured in years disappears when you change your diet.

jrustdc is probably right, but the purpose of the reintroduction plan is for you to figure out what your consequences are. The pain you felt may have been a combination of foods or there might be one main culprit. And what bothers you might not bother someone else the same way.

The joint pain may not come back after just one or two servings of something, so you will need to monitor developments over time. Maybe if you never reintroduce much of the suspect foods, you'll never get the joint pain again.

Hi. This is so interesting. I have been long aware of food mattering to systemic inflammation and I've had a huge turn around in my health since changing my diet over the last 3 years. But my husband has unexplained chronic pain. Possibly tendinitis, but, mechanical, not systemic. I am trying to cut his wheat to start with, but it is hard without making him lose weight. Which he really doesn't need to do.

Glad for you though, long may it continue! :)

Pinkdiamonds, i noticed a difference on day 12. My tendonitis is in my wrist/hand, and realized while at work it didn't hurt and i could make a fist which i hadn't done in years. The tendonitis itself was still there but the inflamation and pain was gone. I am going back to the whole 30 and once the inflamation is gone again i will begin slowly reintroducing foods to find the trigger. I guess i just needed a second opinion that this isn't a fluke and the inflamation isn't restricted to just my digestive system.

Oh and redpepper, the tendinitis i have is a result of repetitive use, so I'm not sure if that is mechanical or systematic, but have also had back pain and joint pain in my knees and ankles specifically. The pain went away around three sane time as the inflation in my hand, so i assume it may be related.

Archived