Fitting "test" foods into a day

Higgles

Every night we make dinner with enough servings for lunch the next day, in order to save time and make things easier. However, I'm not sure how this would work in reintroduction.

If I stayed with this plan it would be:  
Day 1 breakfast and lunch= Normal, Dinner = test food

Day 2 lunch= test food, dinner= normal

and then 1-2 days off in-between?

Do you think this will work, or should I try to fit everything into one day? I'm worried that I won't be eating enough of the food in close timing to monitor for any changes, but at the same time its going to be such a pain to try to make a different lunch everyday as well.

Any thoughts on the schedule? I still have time before reintroduction but I was looking at some trips on the calendar and wanted to make sure I was planning around everything. Thanks for the help!

Hi there,

For best results, follow the recommend reintroduction protocol and test the item in question at each meal in one day.

So, for example, on legume day, you could have black beans at meal 1, a peanut butter Lara Bar at meal 2 and hummus at meal 3, keeping all else Whole30 compliant.

Then you resume 100% Whole30 eating for 2 days, to allow for any delayed reactions.

Then continue on to your next test day.

To your point, you could still eat the same lunch every day, just add in the test item in question.

Ok, so maybe instead of incorporating the item into the recipe, I have it on the side- I can do that. I'm going to try to do the slow roll and break up some of the groups further, ie: Split up beans and lentils, and absolutely separate quinoa from other non-gluten grains as I'm expecting a negative reaction to quinoa but not necessarily to rice or corn (but maybe, who knows!?).

I suppose then I'll keep making the same whole30 recipes I've been eating, but just pairing the item in question with it.

Thanks for the response!

Ok, so maybe instead of incorporating the item into the recipe, I have it on the side- I can do that. I'm going to try to do the slow roll and break up some of the groups further, ie: Split up beans and lentils, and absolutely separate quinoa from other non-gluten grains as I'm expecting a negative reaction to quinoa but not necessarily to rice or corn (but maybe, who knows!?).

I suppose then I'll keep making the same whole30 recipes I've been eating, but just pairing the item in question with it.

Thanks for the response!

A Slow Roll can be as slow as you want it to be.   You can go at it like a marathon rather than a sprint.   Day 31 and beyond is just as important as 30 days.   Several have thrown everything back in within a few day's time only to restart another Whole 30 immediately.  Testing and experimenting -   Oooooo soooooo sloooooow is far better than throwing everything right back in within a short time.   

Archived