Dining out for a couple of meals during reintroduction

Schnauzy

I am going to have some road bumps during the reintro phase because tomorrow I'm going to my grandma's birthday dinner  to a Chinese restaurant. It is family style and I'm assuming all dishes will have some noncompliant ingredient like soy. Then on Saturday I'm going out of town to my brother's graduation so I would be eating out for meal 2 and 3. In between, I will be w30 compliant. 

I'm thinking I can continue my reintroduction after. Any advice? 

Also, do we have to eat the reintro food in all 3 meals? For example, for dairy I had a cup of whole milk for M1 and slice of cheddar cheese for M3. 

Consider the grandma's birthday dinner a soy introduction maybe. Then try to steer your family to restaurants where you know you can eat compliant and order those foods you can have.

Or do the best you can and go back to W30 after the whole weekend until you feel better and then restart reintroductions.

Standard procedure would be to eat the reintro food at all three meals. This is so that you will have enough of it in your system to cause a reaction if you're going to have one, although one serving may well be enough to know.

I'd go with MrsStick's suggestion of using this as your soy reintro. It's unlikely that sugar is going to cause any reaction other than awakening your sugar dragon, so you could loosen up the rules on added sugar and that should give you a little more lea way to for eating out. Go back to template until Saturday (assuming you'll have no reaction) & then try to order around what you know you can have.

Birthday wishes to your Grandma - enjoy the celebrations!

Archived