Whole 30'ing Your Pantry?

Jodi

My husband and I are on Day 17 of our Whole 30 journey. We love it!!

With the beginning of school, I am a bit behind....I am just now clearing out my pantry. Of course, I am leaving some fun food...like popcorn and pasta for our daughter. But, it feels good to throw out our "old life" food....who needs cereal and crackers? I'm finding space in the pantry for wonderful things like coconut shavings, balsamic vinegar, etc. I love seeing all our W30 food displayed nicely. It lifts my spirits...though they are already high!!

Have you cleaned out your pantry yet??

I did a clean up day and emptied our pantry and fridge and wiped everything down. I brought some of the 'bad' stuff to work and people snatched it up like crazy. I organized all the food in the pantry and fridge. It felt awesome to get it all cleaned up and organized. Of course my fiance still has a few staples that he uses that are non W30 but if we don't have crap in the house he won't eat it. He's really good about keeping junk food out of the house.

I have a can of Pam in my purse just waiting to be donated....soy lechtin..eww! :)

Oh, Janine! I thought I was the only crazy one who alphabetizes my spices. I'm glad I'm not alone. Great minds think alike!! Plus, it's easy to identify what spices you need when they are in alpha order!

I cleaned out the pantry and fridges the day before I started. I packed all the things that aren't whole30 (except my little one's cereal) into rubbermaid tubs. They are beside the chest freezer so my 21 yr old daughter that is not doing W30 can still get to the food. She was a little aggravated that she has to dig for her foods, but she has gotten use to it now.

I cleaned mine out on day 1, but I couldn't throw out everything because my boyfriend wasn't doing it and our roommate definitely wasn't doing it. I still have all of my baking supplies in the pantry. I actually have a request for brownies that I have to make today. I won't be tempted by them but I do feel like a hypocrite making them for people I love.

And UGH! My spice cabinet is a HOT MESS! I have got to find a better way to keep everything organized. I have so many spices and they are all in different container styles and I can't see half of them. :angry:

And UGH! My spice cabinet is a HOT MESS! I have got to find a better way to keep everything organized. I have so many spices and they are all in different container styles and I can't see half of them. :angry:

My spices were getting out of control, too. I had arranged them alphabetically, laying down in a large drawer next to my stove. It was convenient, but once I started cooking with more herbs and spices, the drawer was overflowing with odd sized containers and bags which was making me a little crazy.

I bought several sets of round stainless steel spice containers with magnetic bottoms, labelled the sides, transferred all the herbs and spices, and arranged them alphabetically on the side of my refrigerator. It's beautiful (if you're mildly obsessive compulsive like me), highly visible, and space saving.

Archived