What do you do with coconut butter?

letsgiveitago

Guest Andria

While coconut butter tastes really good, I tend to avoid it for basically the reason your asking the question.  I don't have many uses for it other than melting it and using as dessert fruit topping or eating by the spoonful, which both should be avoided while doing a W30. I have seen that some top a sweet potato with it, but i honestly would find it too thick and heavy if that makes sense. I prefer ghee on my sweet potato

I bought an expensive jar of  Coconut Butter  but it's a tad too high toned to cook my eggs in every day and I don't want to eat it by the spoonful.  Sometimes, I put it in hot tea.  Mine doesn't taste that exciting at all.  It's Artisana Organics Raw Coconut Butter.   It's more like candle wax than butter.  I'm trying to figure out the excitement...??

Idk if I'd care for it and I'm a great fan of coconut

I only use coconut oil and only for certain purposes

You might want to use the butter in Fish or Chicken dishes with lime and lemon maybe jerk spices Then Shrimp with red pepper flake hot sauce and garlic

Chicken with coconut flour pineapple skewers?

I usually associate it with dessert post W30

Like macroons, coconut frozen custard or choc chip cookies or shortbread which might be difficult with coconut flour idk

• Moderators

You should be able to use it the same way you use any nut butter. Put it on fruit, or stir some into hot dishes for a little creaminess. Maybe in the last minute or two cooking a stir-fry, add a spoonful.

This has been discussed before in the forum, you might try googling Whole30 coconut butter and see if you can find other ideas.

As mentioned, it's generally used by paleo-folk to melt on top of fruit to make a sweet treat. Personally, I used to put a little bit on top of frozen banana slices for a post-workout snack (delicious, by the way), though that could be too treat-like for the Whole30. Maybe something to integrate afterwards. 

Archived