i think i can, I think I can, I THINK I CAN

Margot

So Day 9 is almost in the bag...WooHoo!!!!!

Been another weird day for me...had to deal with an emotional issue and REALLY had to fight my desire for a glass of wine ( or two, lol)...cause that makes everything better, right??? I also tend to eat my feelings and that doesn't work so well on whole 30 ;0)

I honesty can't believe I am still hanging in there...BUT HERE I AM

so tomorrow's another day, as they say, and I am praying for the strength to make it through just one more. Day. By. Day. Is how I have to tackle things...the same way I would eat an elephant...just one bite at a time ;0)

Congrats!  I am on Day 8 today and I feel pretty damn good about myself (1 week all done)!!!  I am feeling a bit bloated too, but I had cashews the last 2 days, so that may be why.  Although I didn't have very many. We will see.  I would love to get the pork carnitas recipe from you (or is in the Whole30 book)?  If it is, I can get it there!  LOL!  I have too many references and can't keep u sometimes!  I am definitely doing the crockpot tomorrow!  A night off from cooking sounds divine!!!  It am also going to make some meatballs!!

Good for you !  I had a rough time on my 2nd W30 round - and was so proud of myself that I did not dive into my bottle of plum wine.  So  I am proud of you to keep your face out of the bottle !!

there are also sauces in well fed 2 -  I have made a few of them and love them all. Almost Amba is DELISH and wonderful on pork.. also love the bbq sauce.. I actually sweetened it a bit more by adding apple juice.. it also thinned it a bit - it was too thick for me.

I usually eat the meatballs naked !   the Bora Bora meatballs are wonderful -Cech also yummy ! - also make an Asian meatball from Nom Nom paleo.  (www.nomnompaleo.com) that has sweet potatoes in it (I shred mine)  -  I just love the meatballs and they certainly have become a stable for me. 

If I do not prepare - then there might be an excuse to get the pizza... 

keep up the good work !

I think I can???

Feeling a bit discouraged today and having a hard time shaking it...

DAY 10 was ok...ate leftovers all day and did not cook so that was good ;0)

Really hit a wall about 5 and was just wiped out all evening. Maybe cause I haven't worked out the last few days???

Feel like I'm losing my motivation to see this through...not feeling like I can't do it...just not seeing the changes I thought I would and wondering if it's going to work for me or not...still having stomach discomfort and feeling bloated most of the time.

DAY 11 is here and I don't have much of a plan for the day...need to look through some recipes and see what I can find...

I'm feeling a bit like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh today....."oh bother.....", lol

Here's hoping I can shake it! Have a fantabulous day all!!!

...still having stomach discomfort and feeling bloated most of the time....

Are you eating a lot of nuts/nut butters? Cruciferous or raw veg? Are you drinking seltzer? All of these things can cause stomach bloat & digestive discomfort if taken in large quantities.

Are you eating a lot of nuts/nut butters? Cruciferous or raw veg? Are you drinking seltzer? All of these things can cause stomach bloat & digestive discomfort if taken in large quantities.

No, I'm not...have been eating cabbage but not in large quantities and I cut out nuts a few days ago...

No, I'm not...have been eating cabbage but not in large quantities and I cut out nuts a few days ago...

Maybe try adding in some fermented foods like sauerkraut or kombucha, and you could also try a digestive enzyme - particularly if you're not used to eating so much animal protein.

Archived