I have half halfheartedly done the Whole 30 in the past....and now I'm starting very seriously (nothing like a report from the doctor to kick your butt in gear!).  I went shopping, I emptied the refrigerator, I cleaned off the shelves....I was ready to begin this morning.......and then Monday morning happened and tossed me off my game.  However, I made a commitment to myself and decided to "woman up" and deal....so I did.  I'm happy to report that headache aside, at 9:45 this first morning of my Whole 30, I'm on track.  

• Administrators

Good for you for honouring your commitment to yourself and staying your course despite what sounds like some unforseen issues.

As you are no doubt now well aware, planning and being prepared is absolutely KEY to this.

So now I'm finishing Day 4.  I was able to get through crankiness and poor planning pretty easily.  Vegetables and fruit for lunch, protein for breakfast....I did overdo the cashews but I'm cured of that.  But at the end of today my stomach is just unhappy.  I realize I'm probably not eating as much as I should (not all that hungry) but I do make sure I'm eating vegetables and protein but I'm not feeling all that great.  Thoughts?

So now I'm finishing Day 4. I was able to get through crankiness and poor planning pretty easily. Vegetables and fruit for lunch, protein for breakfast....I did overdo the cashews but I'm cured of that. But at the end of today my stomach is just unhappy. I realize I'm probably not eating as much as I should (not all that hungry) but I do make sure I'm eating vegetables and protein but I'm not feeling all that great. Thoughts?

I'm a novice to the Whole30 as well, but each of your three meals should have three components: protein, fat, and 1-3 cups of vegetables. Your lunch appears to have been missing protein and fat, and maybe your breakfast was missing veggies and fat according to what you reported....?? Gotta have all three elements to each meal to keep your energy up as best you can. And from what I've observed in the forums, the nuts.....usually not a good thing for most people. :-) But the mods can give you more detailed help, but hang in there!

So now I'm finishing Day 4.  I was able to get through crankiness and poor planning pretty easily.  Vegetables and fruit for lunch, protein for breakfast....I did overdo the cashews but I'm cured of that.  But at the end of today my stomach is just unhappy.  I realize I'm probably not eating as much as I should (not all that hungry) but I do make sure I'm eating vegetables and protein but I'm not feeling all that great.  Thoughts?

What fmr_sailor said.

Have you seen the recommended meal template? For best results, build every single one of your meals to follow this template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and a compliant fat. 

Also be sure you're drinking at least 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily. 

Archived