July 22nd - anyone else?

ptboboston

Greetings, 

This will be my first Whole30. 

Excited and terrified. 

I'm hoping to no longer crave (and eat) sugar. Increase my energy. Have a better handle on my anxiety and perhaps even see some improvement with my rosacea. If I weigh less at the end of this, I'll take that too. 

Would love to share the journey!

Cheers. 

• Moderators

Greetings! Congrats on finding your way here!

There's a lovely thread with lovely folks who started two days ago... the timeline is such that it would definitely work for you to join that group if you like and I know there are others who are trickling in there too!

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/29438-starting-july-20-whos-in/

I started today too!  Totally sugar overloaded yesterday, so am feeling very sluggish.

Am also overwhelmed at having to "fix" every meal! Not used to this as I am always

looking for the easiest and quickest way!  

Any advice for quick and easy???????????????????? 

• Moderators

I started today too!  Totally sugar overloaded yesterday, so am feeling very sluggish.

Am also overwhelmed at having to "fix" every meal! Not used to this as I am always

I find it's easiest to do a bunch of prep on weekends (or whatever day you have off). It's a pain that day, but then there's a ton of stuff in the fridge that can just be heated up. Check out this post and this weekly food plan for an example of how that could work.

Even if you don't do that, every time you do cook something, cook extra so you'll have leftovers to use later. If you grill chicken, grill as much as you can at one time, or grill both chicken and some hamburger patties. If you roast some vegetables for supper, roast as many as you can fit in your oven so you'll have leftovers. It doesn't really take any more time to do double the servings, and then somewhere along the way you're going to save yourself some cooking time.

Hi Boo1016. 

Day two! How are you feeling today? 

Yesterday I spent the majority of my time in the kitchen, prepping for each of my meals. I did make some leftover chicken legs to have tomorrow but I do need to hit up the market or grocery store again today to restock on greens and some fruit. 

My favourite meal thus far is the sunnyside salad. I found the recipe on Nom Nom Paleo (a blog/website). Have you made some ghee? It's quick simple, just check out a quick video on how to do it on youtube. Plus, it's kind of delicious. 

Good luck with the rest of your day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - I am posting way late for starting on July 22nd but i am in need of some help at this point in my program!  My husband and I are doing it together and honestly we have both felt great and are not really missing anything when it comes to how we are eating.  My problem is, I am bored of what we are eating now, and find it hard to make sauces to change flavors of meat.  I was not much of a meat eater before so all the protein is a little tough.  Any suggestions?  i have been bloated the last few days and a bit down because I was expecting to see more of a change by now.  I am still committed to my Whole30 though, especially since it is Day 13 and we got through the toughest days, 10-11! Woot!

Hello - I am posting way late for starting on July 22nd but i am in need of some help at this point in my program!  My husband and I are doing it together and honestly we have both felt great and are not really missing anything when it comes to how we are eating.  My problem is, I am bored of what we are eating now, and find it hard to make sauces to change flavors of meat.  I was not much of a meat eater before so all the protein is a little tough.  Any suggestions?  i have been bloated the last few days and a bit down because I was expecting to see more of a change by now.  I am still committed to my Whole30 though, especially since it is Day 13 and we got through the toughest days, 10-11! Woot!

Do you like fish and seafood?  Make dishes with those proteins instead.

Rotate in some new veggies.

Melissa Joulwan of Well Fed and Well Fed 2 fame has lots of sauces (and fabulous protein and veg recipes) on her website

Regarding the bloating, post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including portion sizes, and daily water consumption in the Troubleshooting section.  From there, we can give you feedback on any possible tweaks.

Thank you for the post GFChris!  You caught me, not much of a seafood eater, although we have had shrimp a couple of times for dinner.  I also bought some mahi mahi but haven't figured out what to do with it yet.  I did already find Melissa Joulwan's site and made the chocolate chili, by far my favorite dish I have made on the Whole 30.  Other dishes have not quite turned out like I had hoped from other sites I have found recipes on so I started just making veggies and proteins to "mix and match".  My husband isn't much of a veggie eater so he can be tough.  I will post my food log on the Troubleshooting area as you suggested, thanks!

Archived