fmr_sailor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day one done! Day two, off to a good start. Yesterday I ate:

Pre-WO: hb egg. Post-WO: few bites of chicken breast and sweet potato

Workout was my weight training class.

M1: 3 scrambled eggs cooked in ghee and extra fine green beans with ghee

M2: turkey hash (ground turkey cooked with 1 T. coconut oil, tomato sauce, bell peppers, onion sautéed in 2 T. of EVOO, and spinach). Put some cut up red potatoes cooked with 1 T. of olive oil and almost half an avocado (chopped) on top. Love this meal, but it didn't keep me full but three hours.

Needed snack: one hb egg, about 6 olives (started to get a headache before. I know from my other attempts at Whole30 that headache for me means need more food or water. I was already on track with hydration.)

M3: can of tuna with 2 T. of mayo, carrots and sweet potato with ghee, salad with olives and oil/balsamic dressing.

Workout: taught Zumba. Felt like I wanted to eat after class, but wasn't sure if it was hunger or habit. So I waited til after shower to decide. After shower and a 14 oz glass of water, I still wanted a bite to eat.

Semi post-WO meal: 3 slices organic turkey, two small bites sweet potato, 1 T. almond butter. Settled, felt good. Done and off to bed!

This morning up early for last intro to Crossfit class, pre-WO was hb egg. Learned types of lifts and did 6 minute AMRAP 10 kettle bell sumo deadlifts (or something like that) and 5 burpees. TOUGH! But awesome. I'm def joining. Got home, ran two miles then dried off, changed clothes.

Day 2 M1: 3 eggs in ghee, green beans with ghee, a few small leftover potatoes with oil and bit of ghee. Sort of wanted four eggs this morning, but held off to see if this is enough. Gonna take the kids swimming then hit the rowing machine for 10 min. Need to start learning a new Zumba routine this afternoon and leading a WW meeting tonight. Bringing leftovers from last night with me for dinner tonight with olives.

M2 (will be): chicken burger (1 or 1 1/2) with avocado slices, carrots & sweet potatoes with ghee. Probably a salad.

Did you eat a post-WO, or just go on to Meal 1? If the latter, you probably needed to go ahead and have 4 eggs.   It looks to me you did really well yesterday listening to your body, realizing when you were really hungry and needed to eat. Good job!  Keep it up!

...and you're making me feel very lazy LOL!

Did you eat a post-WO, or just go on to Meal 1? If the latter, you probably needed to go ahead and have 4 eggs.   It looks to me you did really well yesterday listening to your body, realizing when you were really hungry and needed to eat. Good job!  Keep it up!

No, I didn't have a post WO. I just changed into dry clothes and fixed breakfast. Next time, if I omit a post WO meal, I'll add a bit of food. I wasn't super hungry, so I didn't think about it. Oops, next time! Thanks for reminding me. :-)

...and you're making me feel very lazy LOL!

Me too ;)

I need to be lazier and I will tomorrow because my muscles are fried, and I don't want to move at all! That rower has made every part of my arms sore, even my forearms! Couple that with my tiny little Crossfit experiences and a new routine with weights yesterday, and I'm feeling like a big pile of mush. Haha

I need to be lazier and I will tomorrow because my muscles are fried, and I don't want to move at all! That rower has made every part of my arms sore, even my forearms! Couple that with my tiny little Crossfit experiences and a new routine with weights yesterday, and I'm feeling like a big pile of mush. Haha

yeah, it's amazing what a little change to routine can do. I went out for a 5 mile walk Sunday and a 4 mile walk on Monday and I was so sore yesterday I just about died!  Still debating if I'm going out today or just getting on the elliptical and doing some lifting.

yeah, it's amazing what a little change to routine can do. I went out for a 5 mile walk Sunday and a 4 mile walk on Monday and I was so sore yesterday I just about died! Still debating if I'm going out today or just getting on the elliptical and doing some lifting.

Your foot must be feeling pretty good then? For me, as a runner, it's hard to walk. It's like, wow I could get there so much quicker if I ran. Lol. But if I couldn't run, I imagine I'd be greatful to walk! That's awesome!! Yes....lift!

I hate walking. it talks so long to get anywhere!  But, i'll take what I can get. At least I can get outside and breathe fresh air and listen to the birds and work up a bit of a sweat. As soon as the doctor clears me to run though, i'll be back at what I really enjoy.

Ok, still going. Day four here. I tried to list my food from yesterday but messed it all up.... And I can't even remember what veggie I had with breakfast this morning. Ugh!

Went to Whole Foods in Durham today. Over an hour away but was meeting someone halfway to Greensboro there, so it was ok. Got a few Whole30 specialty items, one of which I DOUBT I will be buying again: EPIC bites uncured bacon bites. Oh no, holy food-without-brakes, Batman!! I didn't eat the whole bag, but I really wanted to. So freakin yummy. So I'm just gonna finish them off for pre-WO tomorrow as I'm sadly lacking some staples in my fridge right now (hb eggs, baked chicken).

Feeling good. Ate lunch at Whole Foods today, which was super easy because all the cards with the food bar names on them also had the ingredients. And after I interrogated an employee with a bright light and a garden hose, I figured I was good to go. Haha. However, it was not enough to keep me full longer than three hours. Felt that hungry-headache coming on. So I had a huge salad with baby carrots and oil/vinegar dressing, the last hb egg, and 11 Epic bites (so protein, fat, veg....covered). Then dinner was Coconut Secret teriyaki pork chops with Chinese vegetables cooked in coconut aminos. I also had half an avocado for my fat. Very good, and I ate a TON of the veggies, but that was ok. Right.....? :-)

Yay for day 4 ;)

I avoid all bars and snacky type food items because in my mind they are too close to old habits, too easy to eat and therefore mentally problematic. I swear I can hear them calling me from the kitchen cupboards if I let them in the house...little blighters...

Yay for day 4 ;)

I avoid all bars and snacky type food items because in my mind they are too close to old habits, too easy to eat and therefore mentally problematic. I swear I can hear them calling me from the kitchen cupboards if I let them in the house...little blighters...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who hears those voices!

Day Five food:

M1 (8 am): 4 eggs in 1 T. Ghee; 1/2 my large plate with zoodles cooked in EVOO and 1 tsp ghee added; about a half cup defrosted mixed berries.

Post-WO (about 10:45): 1/2 chicken burger, four small bites of sweet potato (Workout was 45 min triple-threat cardio using rower, elliptical, and treadmill. Followed by a few sets of weights and 40 lb farmer's carry.) uh, finished Epic bacon bites. Hehe

M2 (12:15 pm): 1 1/2 boneless pork chops, steamed cauliflower, sweet potato with ghee, 1/2 avocado, salad with carrots and oil/vinegar, apple.

M3 (5:35 pm): Palm of chicken breast with Tessemae's BBQ sauce to dip, turnips and greens with about 1 T. Tessemae's Lemon Garlic sauce, fist size butternut squash with ghee, open hand of olives (3 oz.).

Lunch kept me full til the five hour mark, then I really wanted to hurry up and eat. But I'm glad it lasted that long because it's been a challenge for me to have lunch last me as long as breakfast and dinner do. Had some cravings today. Well, not really cravings, but I'm realizing how much going somewhere to get food/treat/skinny latte was my excitement for the day. Now it's like, well, if I can't have a treat, I don't really need or want to go anywhere. It's good that it saves money, but kind of pathetic on the flip side. I'm reading "The Paleo Solution" right now, and the more I read the more I'm convinced that this style of eating is more than ideal for life. I like it that he openly addresses weight loss and Paleo eating. I know it's not a focus of Whole30, but it is one of my top five. Not the number on the scale, but REALLY wanting to alter body composition before menopause heads this way. No middle age spread for me!

Good job! Your meals look yummy. I am still tweaking my lunch, and have found I have to eat A LOT to not be hungry before supper. Seems like my lunch keeps getting bigger and bigger! This morning I had some sweet potato with breakfast and lunch and that seemed to help for keeping me full through out the day.

So my husband, bless his heart, was going to pick up his yummy (and awful) Chinese food for dinner tonight and asks me if I want anything. You know like a "diet Pepsi." I say I can't have that. He asked me why not. I said because of the the Whole30.

"I thought you said you weren't doing it again or anymore."

"No dear, today is day five. You didn't notice I was doing it again?"

How funny.

Day Six:

M1 (almost 8 am): 5 small bites of sweet potato; 3 scrambled eggs in ghee; leftover zoodles that were cooked in EVOO and added a bit of ghee; 1 Aidell's Chicken Apple sausage

Snack (12:25 pm): few bites of chicken with 2 tsp of mayo, about 1 T. of almond butter. (Headed for a late lunch today.)

M2 (1:50 pm): at Whole Foods. BBQ (pulled pork), garlic green beans with olive oil, ginger collards with non-GMO canola oil (as though that makes it better), few kalamata olives (too strong, didn't like them), small cup of mixed fresh fruit.

M3 (5:55 pm): curry chicken salad with 2 T. of mayo, apples, celery, and raisins; about 1/2 cup of turnips and greens, 2/3 cup of steamed cauliflower; baked potato with about a teaspoon of ghee; wide bowl of spring mix and baby carrots with balsamic & oil dressing.

Decided not to work out today because I've been really sore all week from new workouts. I've been feeling very crave-y today, like I want to quit the Whole30 and eat wicked-sweet things, but it's been easier to keep myself on track this time than it was before. However, part of what happens is this. The first week of the Whole30 I loose excess water weight, and I can see all my muscles better, I feel very svelte and sleek, so I think "well, I'm not sick, so what the heck am I doing this for?" Then I quit. I have unfortunately just realized all I ever really cared about was looking a certain way. I mean, yes, I want to eat healthy and be healthy, but I've never had any medical problems, apparently just a vanity problem. Again, the more I read about the effects grains, legumes, and dairy have on the body the more I realize that we really shouldn't eat them often...... They need to be thought of like Twinkies. Every once in a while ok, but shouldn't be a staple in my home. Who would've ever thought the day would come that I would equate evil Hostess cakes with quinoa??

Tomorrow I am running in the morning and joining CrossFit tomorrow afternoon and taking a 4:30 class. I must admit I'm kinda nervous because it's new, and I like being good at everything. I have a lot of physical weaknesses that are sure to be revealed for all to see there. But, hey, you've gotta start somewhere.

You're breaking through! I'm wearing a very proud smile on my face. Keep it up.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the friendships I've made here in the forums. You all have been so awesome.

My husband told me tonight he's starting his Whole30 tomorrow. And I never said anything to him about it. He decided. :-)

Day Seven:

Pre-WO (5:30ish): hb egg

**40 minute run**

Post-WO (6:45): few bites of pork chop and sweet potato

M1 (7:30): 3 eggs cooked in ghee, chicken apple sausage, turnips/greens and butternut squash with ghee added, 1/2 cup mixed berries.

*I woke up kinda hungry this morning and that was at 5am. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the post workout meal, but I was hungry. By the time shower was over and it was time to fix meal one, my stomach was very hungry. That's why I chose to make three eggs instead of two even though I was having the sausage also. Feel like I've been wanting to eat more yesterday and today. So I'm examining those feelings, and right now, I'm trusting that they are truly a need for a little more food and giving my body compliant food to satisfy. (No, it's not premenstrual.) This whole "trusting your body" thing is new to me, so I'm really putting my faith in the Whole30 program as well. If I find later that I was not really hungry, that's ok too. At least I satisfied the desire with appropriate and compliant foods. I'd rather do that than quit.

Watching a documentary called "Bite Size" on Netflix. It's about several obese kids trying to make changes with their weight and lifestyle. The most disturbing part to me is the adults in their lives. They are so hypocritical, unwilling to change, and they set a HORRIBLE example for these kids. It's really despicable. I am certain that I have already passed on some of my poor food habits onto my children. Again, I've discovered it really wasn't about health for me (maybe 10%), it was only about my appearance. However, I am working to change those poor eating habits in myself and in my children. I don't want our whole life to be about food. I just want to live and be happy and serve God the best I can.

Oh, and the doctor helping one of the kids in the movie prescribed BRAN MUFFINS to help this girl who feels like she's always hungry! It actually makes me angry because all she's doing to that girl is setting her up to fail. Smh.....

I go through stages of eating 4 meals a day sometimes and not just before my period...sometimes I'm just hungrier.

I'm a little obsessed with food docs on Netflix but that one sounds sad (like fed up...that was heartbreaking for the kids on it ;( )

Day Seven:

Pre-WO (5:30ish): hb egg

**40 minute run**

Post-WO (6:45): few bites of pork chop and sweet potato

M1 (7:30): 3 eggs cooked in ghee, chicken apple sausage, turnips/greens and butternut squash with ghee added, 1/2 cup mixed berries.

*I woke up kinda hungry this morning and that was at 5am. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the post workout meal, but I was hungry. By the time shower was over and it was time to fix meal one, my stomach was very hungry. That's why I chose to make three eggs instead of two even though I was having the sausage also. Feel like I've been wanting to eat more yesterday and today. So I'm examining those feelings, and right now, I'm trusting that they are truly a need for a little more food and giving my body compliant food to satisfy. (No, it's not premenstrual.) This whole "trusting your body" thing is new to me, so I'm really putting my faith in the Whole30 program as well. If I find later that I was not really hungry, that's ok too. At least I satisfied the desire with appropriate and compliant foods. I'd rather do that than quit.

YES!!! Yay!!  I know after as many years dieting as you and I have done, trusting your body and trusting this new way of eating is one of the most difficult things to do. I still have moments of utter un-belief that I can eat this much, and these foods, and the scale still moves/body comp changes/ energy is so good.  I'm so glad you're doing it!   your body will thank you. :D Have a great time at Crossfit. Someday I'll get brave enough to try it.

I go through stages of eating 4 meals a day sometimes and not just before my period...sometimes I'm just hungrier.

I'm a little obsessed with food docs on Netflix but that one sounds sad (like fed up...that was heartbreaking for the kids on it ;( )

I am too...a little obsessed that is! I've watched every one of them I could find, some of them twice. Even "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." Glad I found the Whole30 before I bought a juicer. I was about this [ ] close.

Archived