The ship sails again! Anchors aweigh!!

fmr_sailor

I am registered for the half marathon, but I may switch to the 10K. I've made so many changes to my diet and exercise program that I've chosen to dial back my running. I am not sure if I will be able to get in the long runs. I'm not worried about it though. I like racing the 10K, and I don't get to very often.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi fmr_sailor, I posted to you on someone else's thread before...but I weirdly remember you from one of my previous W30s!!  I don't remember when, but I'm pretty sure we were on here at the same time at one point!  It would have been at least 2 years ago, is that possible?  I'm on day 6 of my latest one, so we can cheer each other on!  

Hi fmr_sailor, I posted to you on someone else's thread before...but I weirdly remember you from one of my previous W30s!! I don't remember when, but I'm pretty sure we were on here at the same time at one point! It would have been at least 2 years ago, is that possible? I'm on day 6 of my latest one, so we can cheer each other on!

Hey Bethany! I'm sorry to say that it wasn't me. I started my first Whole30 this past July 1st. I've quit four times and am now on my fifth attempt. We can still encourage each other for sure though!! Today is my day one, but I'm already fat adapted from my precious attempts. :-)

So today.....was not an ideal Whole30 day, but I made it work and accepted the fact that it was going to be unique.

Had breakfast at 8 this morning. Two eggs (coconut oil), chicken apple sausage, zoodles with ghee.

Didn't get lunch until 1:30, but that proves to me I'm still fat adapted because although I was pretty hungry, I was OK. Got my lunch at a local grocery store. Huge salad from the salad bar, some fruit, and a pack of prociutto. That was the only compliant "ready meat" I could find, but I'd wanted lunch meat. Brought a can of olives from home and ate about half. Also brought my own salad dressing.

After the ceremony, a reception (4 pm). I wanted to eat because everyone else was, and I wanted to appear "normal" lol. Had some cucumbers, carrots, celery, a few grapes, and the rest of the can of olives. Then got really hungry about 5:30, so I tried the turkey Epic bar. Yuck, yuck, and double yuck. Didn't care that I was hungry, I could not finish it. I've tried the lamb too, and I hate them.

Finally left with the kids to start the two hour drive home. Stopped at Wendy's for two beef patties with lettuce and onion ONLY. It took them THREE TRIES to get this simple order right, and I was kinda mad because the second time they gave me a burger that they had obviously removed cheese from!! Also had a plain baked potato. I was pretty darn hungry by this point, so it was good once they got it right.

When I got home, I was still a little hungry, so since I was REALLY short on veggies today, I had two small plates of zoodles with a dab of ghee. So delicious. I told my husband I wanted the Inspiralizer for our anniversary next month!

Yes, you can Whole30 on the go, but be willing to be somewhat more flexible with meal times and assess your hunger on a regular basis. Good night!

Things have not gone very well thereafter. Maybe I just need a break from trying so hard. Weight Watchers encourages people to make little changes, one at a time. And so many things have changed in my kitchen since July 1st, but I'm overwhelmed by all the rules and recommendations right now. I just need to make gradual changes over time. I am not sure when, but one day I want to complete a Whole30, but I just need a break right now.

Day One, Meal One:

2-3 scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil and mixed with seasoned ground pork

Steamed sugar snap peas and carrots with a dollop of ghee

Small banana

Approaching this as though the past two months were a warm up. I'm ready. My mind is right. It's on.

Week one is done! I'm trucking along nicely. Enjoying my food, ok with staying off the scale, and just trying to be really kind to myself in as many ways as I can. I'm not running as much, but I am lifting a lot more weight and having a great time in the gym. I've also been immersing myself in Paleo/Primal/Ancestral podcasts and am totally loving them. They've been a great source of support and information, and I can't get enough. Some of the ones I've really been enjoying are:

The Paleo Women Podcast

Fat-Burning Man

The Paleo Hacks Podcast

The Model Health Show

I'm also trying out some new ones too, but I've listened to lots of archived episodes of the ones above. So much better to listen to podcasts while working around my house or cooking than being "tied" to the television.

My energy levels are pretty good, but I'm still working on getting into bed earlier. I'm doing better but am not quite where I need to be. I'm able to easily go 5-6 hours between meals most days, so I don't think I lost much during my time between attempts at the Whole30. Had a bit of a headache on days two and three (sugar withdrawal, no doubt) but good to go now!

Let Week Two begin!!

Archived