Dysautonomia and needing snacks

I have dysautonomia and POTS (my heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, perspiration, and digestion don't stabilize) and my symptoms seem to get a lot worse if I don't eat every few hours, even if I have fairly large meals. I usually have an apple with almond butter or Epic meat snacks. I just can't seem to do much (or get out of bed) if I am just sticking to the three meals a day without something in between. It's not even that I'm hungry, I just feel physically bad. I take 2 grams of salt and midodrine to help raise my blood pressure and lower my HR, so I feel like I have enough sodium. Any suggestions? Or is this not as bad a thing as I think it is because of the chronic illness influencing things and snacks aren't that awful in my case? 

Thank you for your comments.

the whole30 has rules and it has recommendations. Three meals per day, no snacking, is a recommendation. If you feel your context and your condition won't allow for it, you can still get great benefits from following the rules alone, or the rules and as many of the recommendations you feel will work for you.

I don't know about your specific diagnosis, but many people find they are able to transition to fewer larger meals over time--maybe not on day 1 of the whole30, but after you have been at it for a while. keep an open mind and see how you go.

Archived