Hi everyone!!  Hope we have some people join the topic that aren't afraid to write about your ups and downs in the Whole30.  I just completed my first on July 22nd with  my husband. I did the reintroduction and now I want to get back on track. If I want to be completely honest I did not give up Truvia.  I have been strictly adding it only to tea but that has been all I drink with water, of coarse.  I know this is off plan BUT I wanted to be honest AND I still truly had leaps and bounds of improvements all around.

I do/did not have many lbs to lose but was able to lose 6.2 on my first go.

This most exciting part of this blogging is seeing how my fellow participants are succeeding too and with that sometimes we have some issues that makes it nice to have others to talk  to about.  

I really hope we have some peeps join our group so we can do this together and share our experience, strength and hopes here.  I look so forward to meeting everyone!

Let's start today!! :lol:  ;)  :)  :D  :(  :angry:  :mellow: All emotions are welcome!!

Hi,

Well, after checking out the website & forum for a couple of weeks, I bought the book last week with a goal of starting today. I've read as much as I can - so here I am. Nice to hear someone who is on round two as I've only had my first meal at this point. I'm nervous but kind of excited.  Seems like even now I'm starting to obsess over what I can eat my next meal.

Welcome scooper0221,  I did that very same thing before I was on board with Whole30 as yow while actually reading the books as I did it.  

I am on round two b/c I had so many benefits from the first.  I have lost most unhealthy cravings and find myself having crazy cravings for kale, plantains, salads and now some meats.  I never was real big on meat but it is a necessity for getting the complete picture of what is good for the body. 

Welcome and come back daily so we can see your updates.   :)

Glad you have joined this journey of Whole30.  You can definately have carbs just not the processed kind.  Keep it up and I promise it gets easier.  First few days were confusing for me all I could think about was what I'll be eating at the end.  Honestly when I got there I really didn't want those foods anymore. 

First day down!!  Way to go all. 

I so enjoy planning what new recipe I'll choose from Whole30 I will be trying next. 

Made it thru the first 24 hours! Yea! I'm finishing up my 5th meal: grilled salmon, 1/2 large sweet potato and salad with balsamic & evoo. I'm excited, so far, so good. It's been kind of fun planning what to eat. I had half an avocado with breakfast this morning - I'd never eaten one by itself, I really enjoyed. I'm sure the novelty will wear off - so I hope I can get continued inspiration from everyone else.  Here's what I think I will miss the most: milk in coffee (although I used to drink it black), cheese & the salty/sweet snack before bed. And I headed out on Wed for 5 day family vacation which will be mainly eating out, I've been reading up on all kinds of suggestions & tips - wish me luck!

Hi

I have started my 2nd whole30 on 2nd of August as well.

I finished my first one on 30th July.  Weighed myself on the 31st but was very disappointed that I had only lost 2 lbs.  I had lost inches though and my running had started to improve, but in my head this doesn't seem to matter.

On 1st August, I ate 1/2 a piece of carrot cake and Indian take-away, and over the last two days I haven't been feeling very well.  Plus my sugar dragon is roaring as all I want to do is eat lots of chocolate (want to, but haven't).

So struggling, particularly today as I felt too ill and despondent to go to work.

However, I am determined to stick it out and complete another 30 days.

Today begins Day 3, woke up feeling pretty good. Although I'm trying to stick to the recommended 5-6 hours between meals, last night I pushed my dinner to 7 o'clock which was 7 hours after lunch. Even doing so, I felt that 10:00 urge to snack. Drank some club soda w/lime and more water, tried to focus on the work I was doing but it was tough. Snacking around this time is so routine for me. Finally, I just went up to bed around 10:45, a little earlier than normal. How is everyone else adapting their routines to avoid their old routines?

PaulaSab, thanks for sharing about your first whole30 - amazing how the re-entry of the sugar can have that kind of effect! Please don't get down on yourself, you did it once & can do it again.

As I'm not forcing or even asking my teenage sons to go along with this, I'm still cooking some "regular" food for them. Last night I made them homemade Chicken Alfredo pizza, thankfully I've made it so many times that I don't have to taste it  :). BUT I did have to stop myself several times from just popping little "extras" in my mouth - little pieces of cheese, etc. Old habits that I never thought about before. 

I hope everyone has a great Day 3! 

Today begins Day 3, woke up feeling pretty good. Although I'm trying to stick to the recommended 5-6 hours between meals, last night I pushed my dinner to 7 o'clock which was 7 hours after lunch. Even doing so, I felt that 10:00 urge to snack. Drank some club soda w/lime and more water, tried to focus on the work I was doing but it was tough. Snacking around this time is so routine for me. Finally, I just went up to bed around 10:45, a little earlier than normal. How is everyone else adapting their routines to avoid their old routines?

To clarify, the recommendation is 4-5 hours between meals.  If you have more than that time-span and you get hungry in between, it's completely fine to have a mini meal of protein, carb and fat.  The litmus test for hunger is to ask yourself if you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli.

Made it thru the first 24 hours! Yea! I'm finishing up my 5th meal: grilled salmon, 1/2 large sweet potato and salad with balsamic & evoo. I'm excited, so far, so good. It's been kind of fun planning what to eat. I had half an avocado with breakfast this morning - I'd never eaten one by itself, I really enjoyed. I'm sure the novelty will wear off - so I hope I can get continued inspiration from everyone else.  Here's what I think I will miss the most: milk in coffee (although I used to drink it black), cheese & the salty/sweet snack before bed. And I headed out on Wed for 5 day family vacation which will be mainly eating out, I've been reading up on all kinds of suggestions & tips - wish me luck!

Try unsweetened coconut milk in your coffee....it's approved.  Crazy thing about those cravings for certain foods....I started craving the healthy stuff more!!

Well, we have made it to day three!!  Woohoo!!!  

The hardest part for me the first time was not jumping on the scales EVERY morning.  Now, I realize that I let that little number rule my day.  Lose weight...feel good about self....gain even 1 pound and I was in the dumps all day.  I'm not obsessed with that number anymore!!   SO many more changes!!

My husband and I love cooking...preparing too.  We are doing the Whole30 together and we work together so we have all our meals together.  We have a really good time planning our meals and introducing new stuff into them.  We LOVE LOVE  recipes with plantains!!  They are delicious......when ripe and more like potatoes when almost ripe. 

Not always as bubbly as above though....today waiting on my tummy to act right.  :unsure:

Archived