Relief from Symptoms

Hi everyone,

So, I'm just curious, what has been your experience with Whole30 and your symptoms? Have you had relief from any of them, and if you have, which ones? At what day in the program did you notice a difference (good or bad)?

I'm on day 7, and I can't say that I have much relief from any of my symptoms (mainly fatigue, tiredness, pain, heart rate/pre-syncope, memory and concentration issues, brain fog, and headaches), but I am really hoping that by the end I will have made some progress with some of them! Thank you!

Many people see improvements in symptoms and relief from pain by following the program, however you should be aware that if you're coming into this with medical issues it may take longer than the 30 days for you to see results. Many people in this situation decide to continue on for 45 or 60 days (some even longer) as their body focuses on healing before they really start to see any change.

Even those coming into Whole30 with no issues at all don;t really start seeing the magic until the second half of the program.

Stick with it, and feel free to post a few days worth of your food/liquid intake, along with sleep/stress/activity levels for us to check that you are on the right track.

Everyone has a different experience, especially with AIP, chronic fatigue, diabetes, MS, and other conditions.  The more severe symptoms take longer than 30 days to see changes.  It might take months or a year.

Some get a euphoria bump around Day 21. I did. The positive results are related to the healing of hormones. The mood improves, production of serotonin increases.  Serotonin causes inner satisfaction.  The Whole 30 Tiger Blood euphoria bump. 

The body adjusts to whole foods and the production of the stress hormone cortisol decreases at the same time the brain releases the feel good hormone serotonin.  

Moderate exercise only improves the revitalizing effect.  The euphoria bump is not an exaggeration or a trick.  It can't be worked up by simply thinking it's there with the mind.  It either shows up or it doesn't.

Follow the template, do not cut corners or do not even think about reducing the portions.   I hope it happens for you. 

Archived