Constipation. Boo.

I've always been prone to constipation. Have taken magnesium at night for years. But starting Whole30 (on Day 7) seems not to be helping any.

After searching past forum posts, I know what I need to do -- more water and way fewer nuts (if any). I'm already quite active, and, sure, I could try some squats (that's a new tip for me).

I just wanted to commiserate here. Can't exactly post a constipation status update on Facebook. ;)

Can't exactly post a constipation status update on Facebook. ;)

You certainly wouldn't be the first!  :D 

Yep, squats are good, and if you can get a little foot stool for your toilet to raise your feet when you go, placing your elbows on your knees this might also help....

Guest Andria

You can try increasing your dose of Magnesium for the time being.  Also, probiotics in the form of fermented foods (i.e., kombucha, sauerkraut,), digestive enzymes and Betaine HCl can help.  Be sure to check supplement labels for non compliant ingredients before purchasing.

Nuts are definitely something to minimize and I would suggest to consume more cooked vegetables over raw.

Even though I try to get in at least one serving of fermented food/drink per day, I find taking 1-2 compliant probiotic capsules at bedtime to be the most beneficial for producing a morning movement.  ;)

Archived