15 Days in and I made a huge mistake :(

Tootie512

15 days into my Whole30 and I realized the Coconut Oil cooking spray I use has soy lecithin in it. I just broke down and cried. I've been so careful with everything I don't know how I missed it. I use the spray to lightly coat my skillet when cooking my eggs in the morning. What's even more infuriating is how easy it is for some people to say just start over. Im at the 50% mark! It wouldnt be such a big deal if this was still week 1. Ive missed out on several gatherings because they were at places that didn't have compliant food and I didn't want to take the risk. I know it could be worse and I could have realized this at the end of the 30 days but it still sucks just as bad when you think you are doing everything right but you missed something :(

I feel your pain.  At the end of WF4, I discovered that the Listerine Breath Strips I'd been using contained carrageenan.  It never occurred to me to check that - I thought it was similar to mouthwash.  I'm day 24 of WF5 now - this time with no breath strips. Hang in there - you can do a Whole 45 :)

You haven't lost anything.  There's always another holiday coming around the corner.  I don't know how many would blow it off and keep on going but you want to be compliant.  That's a great decision, Tootie.

When you conduct your reintro...you'll have a clean slate.  The truth will set you free.  You're being completely honest with yourself.  Total food freedom will be yours. 

Try not to look at it as starting over, look on it as a whole45...and whilst you may think it's easy to say that it's not, I've made mistakes and fallen off the wagon and I know how hard it is. But it's worth it.

Soy is a guy irritant for so many people that going 30 days without it before reintro is the only way of knowing if it is for you.

Look on every extra day as an extra day treating your body to whole, clean food.

Archived