45 and want to make it to 46

JcJimmy

Started the Whole 30 because I am a heart attack waiting to happen.  I currently was feeling dizzy at random points in the day, light headed, 'out of it' and I was sweating for no reason, sweaty palms, sweating profusely after getting dressed and sweating just walking to the car.  I tried to start running but found I can't run more than 15 minutes at a time(and even that was tough).  I am SCARED.  Blood pressure would shoot up to 190 over 110 then drop down to a normal level (normal border high).  I just feel weird like I have a fog in my head and I don't want to feel this way any longer.  My diet is in the toilet.  I am constantly eating burgers at fast food restaurants and enjoying too many cocktails after work.  In fact, here are some of the things I ate in the last 4 days: Double Whoppers with Double Cheese and Dr. Pepper with refill, Waffle House for breakfast several days a week,  eating almost a full pizza (papa johns sausage mushrooms and onions) at 11:00 PM after a Ruby Tuesday cheeseburger at 7:00 PM.  A typical lunch would be a Mexican pizza and 3 soft taco's with a large Mt. Dew(with refill).  It wasn't uncommon to have four bad meals a day and probably pushing 5000 calories plus on Bahama Mama days.  I know this is unacceptable, no wonder I feel so bad and can't get in shape(DUH!).  The sad part is I was almost 40 lbs lighter just three years ago.  What happened to me?   Enough of the how stupid I was:  now it's time to change, now I HAVE TO change if I want to see 46 years old.  So lets see if I can do this for 30 days.  They say its not hard....... we will see. 

You can do it!!!!! This is a great program for carnivorous sorts (like my husband) and volume eaters (like me). You can still have burgers (no bun), eggs, steak, and other foods that are very satisfying as long as you get in a lot of cooked vegetables with it, too.

It's recommended to work with your doctor if you have blood pressure issues because the dietary changes can affect your blood pressure: 

http://whole30.com/2013/09/talk-to-your-doc-part-1/

Archived