Looking for suggestions, 3rd shift truck driver

tanjkn3

my husband wants to do a whole 30 after watching me do mine for the last 17 days, the problem is he is a truck driver and works 3rd shift, he can't eat at the recommend time increments, typically he eats dinner with us when he wakes up(between 4-6pm) he goes to work at midnight and eats while he is driving, usually he takes some yougart, a bananna, and some chex and eats it through out the night while driving, then he eats his 3rd meal when he gets home usually between 9-11 am. instead of grazing all night he could probably eat two smaller meals, would this work? has anyone done similar work/time schedule and completed a whole 30?

• Moderators

Eating two small meals during his shift would work. Nurses often have to eat small meals between activities, so maybe some night shift nurses will share some ideas.

My go-to meal for all kinds of situations is a can of tuna along with some cold sauerkraut. I like how good sauerkraut like Bubbies contrasts with tuna packed in olive oil and gives me a good meal of protein, veggies, and fat. 

• Administrators

Absolutely, we have lots of doctors, nurses, police officers etc who are working graveyard/nightshift/third shift. It's totally doable.

Here's an article that we use a lot to teach people how to prepare and deal with the night shift. Besides not needing to graze all night just because he's working graveyard, he needs to prioritize sleep over nearly everything else. The Whole30 is great for healing and balancing but the night shift is basically its polar opposite and needs to be respected in that sense.

Read this: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/55156756199/surviving-the-night-shift

Archived