Food and Nerve Pain

Hi all ... I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a correlation between 'nerve pain' and food ???

I have had what the doc called nerve pain in my right foot - for a very long time.... and nothing helped not even pain meds.

It now comes and goes and I am not sure if food is affecting it.  Does anyone else have this ?

Any thoughts - suggestion or even smart remarks are welcomed !! :D

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I get what I call "hot spots" on my feet.  Always on the base of my heels.  They will last for 48-72 hrs (slightly swollen, red, warmer than surrounding skin that feel like nerve pain - like I'm walking on a rock).  I thought they correlated to time on my feet - after hikes, long runs, long days as a nurse and tight posterior chain muscles (after a deadlift day at the gym, for example).  I have no idea what they actually are - a podiatrist and my physical therapist didn't have ideas. I haven't been to a neurologist about them.  

About 6 weeks ago I decided to drop eggs because I thought they were causing some GI upset.  In those 6 weeks I haven't had a hot spot - despite hiking, deadlifts, etc - things which normally seem to trigger them for me.  The skin under the backs of my arms which gets those little "chicken skin" bumps has also cleared up (wasn't too bad, but I could notice it).  

I have no idea if the two are related (I've had stretches of no hot spots before too) and I started using coconut oil daily on my arms (I like to be a BAD scientist and change ALL the variables at once ;)  ).  

So to answer your question: maybe ;)

Archived