Review my Re-Intro Plan?

Zyriel

I'm nervous about hitting a re-intro day and not actually having the food I need on hand for all meals, so I'm trying to prepare ahead of time so I know what to pick up and have on hand, and what I plan to make.

The end of my Whole30 falls 2 days before my cycle is expected. I'm planning to wait a bit and do my first re-intro day on the 2nd day of my cycle. But I will be paying attention to how I feel and will hold off until I know hormones aren't convoluting things.

Right now I'm planning 2 full days between each Re-Intro day. I have that right don't I?  Re-intro on day 33, then another on day 36. And of course, extending if I find I need more stabilization.

And I definitely  understand that this is continued strict Whole30, except for this one added food type at each meal on it's own specific day.

Here's my plan, I'm still filling out or narrowing down some of the specific food items:

1. Soy
    • Miso Soup - get some the night before and have with breakfast?) - has both soy in the broth and has tofu
    • Soy Sauce - sashimi lunch
    • Edamame - bring some home from lunch to have with dinner
  2. Corn
    • Corn Chips - Juanita's look otherwise compliant and use canola oil 
    • Popcorn - without butter, this one could be challenging. Orville has a "Natural Simply Salted" that uses palm oil, has "Mixed Tocopherols" which could be derived from soy. :/
  3. Rice
    • White Rice
    • Rice Bran oil?
  4. Oats
    • Oatmeal - whatever's easy and otherwise compliant. Hopefully frozen steel-cut
    • Granola - which is otherwise compliant, so probably nuts but no berries. Have to make sure no soy oils.
  5. Non-Soy Legumes
    • Kidney Beans - from a can
    • Peanuts - from a bag
    • Hummus
    • backup option: Black Beans - from a can
  6. Coconut
    • Coconut Aminos
    • Coconut Oil
    • Coconut Cream
  7. Gluten (Wheat, Barley, Rye)
    • Bread
    • Pancake/Waffle
    • Cupcake (if you can find a compliant one) or maybe make a mug brownie or something
  8. Dairy - Low-Lactose
    • Butter
    • Hard Cheese - maybe aged gouda
    • Parmesan
  9. Dairy - High-Lactose
    • Latte
    • Yogurt - may not be a good guage because the enzymes help break down lactose
    • Cottage Cheese
    • Hot Chocolate
  10. Alcohol
    • Cocktail
      • Hamiltons or Blackstrap Daquiri
      • Bloody Mary
    • Whiskey
      • Neat
    • Wine
      • Red Wine
      • Mimosa

Thanx for any confirmation or advice.

Overall, looks good.

On the alcohol day, no need to have 3 drinks throughout a single day. 1 or 2 in a single sitting or spread over two sittings should do it.    ;)   You could also take a similar approach as you did with other foods, and test wine one day, liquor on another day, etc.

I take it you want to separate out different types of non-gluten grains, which is fine. If you're looking for other options, there are rice crackers out there or rice-based cereal.  Corn: there is whole corn (canned, frozen or fresh), corn tortillas, corn-based gluten-free cereal, etc.

One problem I ran into I wanted to share is that it's almost impossible to find miso that doesn't have rice in it as well. I looked at every single miso container at the Japanese market and they ALL had ground rice as an ingredient in the paste.  Hopefully you'll have better luck!

On the alcohol day, no need to have 3 drinks throughout a single day. 1 or 2 in a single sitting or spread over two sittings should do it.    ;)   You could also take a similar approach as you did with other foods, and test wine one day, liquor on another day, etc.

Aww, but that was the fun part! I think you're right though, having two cocktails with dinner, and perhaps one with lunch, is more my speed.

I take it you want to separate out different types of non-gluten grains, which is fine. If you're looking for other options, there are rice crackers out there or rice-based cereal.  Corn: there is whole corn (canned, frozen or fresh), corn tortillas, corn-based gluten-free cereal, etc.

Thank you for the suggestions. I don't much like corn for corn's sake. But since it's in so many things I wanted to check it out alone. A cereal like gf corn flakes is within my palate, maybe corn tortillas... I do like an occasional fish taco.

One problem I ran into I wanted to share is that it's almost impossible to find miso that doesn't have rice in it as well. I looked at every single miso container at the Japanese market and they ALL had ground rice as an ingredient in the paste.  Hopefully you'll have better luck!

Thank you for the tip!!! I had planned on getting some from a restaurant, the whole soup concoction. I'll have to reconsider that. Or maybe I flip things around and put Soy after Rice.... assuming no issues with rice. I know that doesn't isolate the soy, but if it's always paired that way then maybe that's what I want to test.

Archived