Day 29 and feeling anxious

I feel so amazing. All my inflammatory niggles have vanished. I feel vibrant and healthy and awesome. I have no intention of going back to eating crap, even occasionally. But, next week I am moving clear across the country with a baby and starting a new, demanding job. I'm really feeling nervous about it. All my fabulous relatives will be arriving at my doorstep with "Welcome Home" cake and wine and casseroles, none of which are compliant. Am I setting myself up for failure if I try and carry this on? It's been so EASY so far, I've been on maternity leave, tons of time to prep and plan meals.... it's really gone off without a hitch. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here..... advice? encouragement? HALP

Whether you think you can, or think you can't you're right.

You've done 29 days. Once you're done & your reintro is over you'll be able to loosen the strings a little and not have to worry so much about added sugars in sauces etc if that's what you choose.

Sure you'll still have to prep, but you'll find a way to make it work and fit it in around your new lifestyle if that's what you truly want.

And honestly, the longer you do it, the more it becomes second nature & barely have to give meal planning any thought.

Prepped protein, variety of veg & available fats? Check.

And if life gets in the way every now & then you can always come back & do a re-set.

It's that simple.

I feel so amazing. All my inflammatory niggles have vanished. I feel vibrant and healthy and awesome. I have no intention of going back to eating crap, even occasionally. But, next week I am moving clear across the country with a baby and starting a new, demanding job. I'm really feeling nervous about it. All my fabulous relatives will be arriving at my doorstep with "Welcome Home" cake and wine and casseroles, none of which are compliant. Am I setting myself up for failure if I try and carry this on? It's been so EASY so far, I've been on maternity leave, tons of time to prep and plan meals.... it's really gone off without a hitch. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here..... advice? encouragement? HALP

AWESOME journey so far! Good for you! If you can tackle this & find it easy, I'm sure you will tackle the new challenges with hardly a blip. One thought though... the first time I did a Whole30 I felt like you... amazing. And I had no intention of going back to the old way of eating. However, I let "life" dictate my re-introductions instead of the other way around, and ended up losing what I had gained, simply because I really didn't clearly know which foods triggered what. I just knew I eventually felt "blech" again. So if you decide to humour the well-meaning relatives by having one of their gifts, choose which one it will be (the wine... or the cake.... or....) and stick to that one until you can nail down your personal reaction to it. Don't have an orgy-fest of mixed delights & then not know, for sure, what blew you off course. You can always say you are working your way through some health re-sets, or on the tail end of an elimination schedule, and thank them for the cake, but serve it to them on your new pretty plates or put it in the freezer or take it to the new office, and then happily accept the one thing you have decided to re-introduce. Good luck with the new home & the new job & hooray for going "home" to an obviously welcoming support team. You've got this!

Archived