No BM for 2 weeks

Kaypentz

I started doing the ketogenic diet in compliance to the whole 30 the first week I didn't have any BM then I did. The 2nd week I realized I just didn't want to keep doing it and I wasn't loosing any weight. So I stopped and continued eating whole 30 it's been 2 weeks and no BM but I've lost about 5 lbs since I quit the ketogenic. What the heck is going on. The food I'm eating should be going somewhere right?

I'm feeling fine no cramping,bloating,or pain that you'd normally get from constipation. I don't have a regular doc. I e been eating steak, salmon, hamburger, sweet potatoes, red bell peppers, cucumbers. I've been upping my water I've been able to get at least 70 oz I'm trying to get more. I will have an apple sometimes also

Can you give more of a detailed food log, indicating actual meal compositions & portion sizes?

Reduced BM on keto is fairly common (from what I know) due to the higher protein, lower carb ratio of food, and the lower volume of food in general - it also takes the body much longer to break down proteins & fats than it does carbs, and then the proteins are excreted in your urine rather than in your stools... That said two weeks is a long time.

Are you taking a magnesium supplement such as Natural Calm? 

Have you any other medical issues?

I should add that we can only give you advice on Whole30 here as we are not medically trained so if you are in any way concerned plaese do seek medical help.

• Administrators

I started doing the ketogenic diet in compliance to the whole 30 the first week I didn't have any BM then I did. The 2nd week I realized I just didn't want to keep doing it and I wasn't loosing any weight. So I stopped and continued eating whole 30 it's been 2 weeks and no BM but I've lost about 5 lbs since I quit the ketogenic. What the heck is going on. The food I'm eating should be going somewhere right?

You haven't pooped in 14 full days?  Get to a doctor, please.  Stool will eventually start to become impacted because as you say, the food you are eating is going somewhere.

Do you feel the urge to go and cannot make anything happen or are you not even feeling the urge?  Natural Calm, as jmcbn mentioned, can help draw water into the bowel in order to facilitate going but you need to get checked to make sure nothing else is going on.  

Archived